• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 105: Cheap Hotel Room Available in Boone! PM deacphan for deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the standard markup on food in restaurants is 70%. Not sure about alcoholic beverages but I would think even more.

I think the standard markup on food in restaurants is 70%. Not sure about alcoholic beverages but I would think even more.

That's a little low for wine. For instance, a bottle of wine that runs for $15 and has 5 glasses in it (so $3 per glass) is often listed for $6-7 per glass.

If in NC, the abc board has the information online as to the price that restaurants pay for hard liquor.

More like 300%.

You guys aren't that far off but are talking past each other I think.

I think Bake is saying a $10 meal costs the restaurant $3.

It looks like you are are saying basically the same thing in reverse.

That's a little low for wine. For instance, a bottle of wine that runs for $15 and has 5 glasses in it (so $3 per glass) is often listed for $6-7 per glass.

If in NC, the abc board has the information online as to the price that restaurants pay for hard liquor.

Wine probably has less markup than booze. A bottle that costs them $15 would be sold for $45-55.

If a bottle of booze cost them $30. They will probably sell at least 20 shots at $7-10 each.

FRATelli's in Winston (where Old Staley's used to be) is legit. Wife gets gift cards out the ass from students at the end of the school year, and we tried it out tonight. Strongly recommended. Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding gave me a food boner.

holy crap, this guy on jeopardy is cleaning up.

$28,800 in regular play going into final jeopardy....

HIS NAME IS J. just j.

I also just learned that 'grenade' comes from the french word for pomegranate, and that grenadine is actually historically pomegranate-based, not cherry (mindblown)(i made the grenade/grenadine connection on my own and confirmed on wiki, thankyouverymuch)

I also just learned that 'grenade' comes from the french word for pomegranate, and that grenadine is actually historically pomegranate-based, not cherry (mindblown)(i made the grenade/grenadine connection on my own and confirmed on wiki, thankyouverymuch)

I learned this somewhere recently.

aw man, why is my beer gone?

it takes so loooooooooong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back