• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 117: Congrats lbE on the new addition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server overloaded

Sorry, but the server is too busy to fulfill this request right now. Please try again later.

They need to work on better hosting. :squint:

Dude, it is NC STATE, what do you expect? I am surprised that urine didn't come out of my computer screen when I clicked the link.

Just took this dialect quiz:

http://spark.rstudio.com/jkatz/DialectQuiz/

It thinks I am from somewhere random in the deep south. It did help me realize, however, that over the years I have been consciously changing my pronunciation of words, thus neutralizing my accent and dialect somewhat. Interesting stuff coming out of NC STATE.

It got me pretty much correct - with Raleigh and Winston both being in the list of places that I lined up with. I did have to answer some things as if it were asking how I used certain terms when I was growing up... because I certainly see it changing.

I got closest to Durham, Raleigh and Gainesville (where my mom grew up) but there's red pretty much up and down the East coast...least like MI and Toledo

If by college boy, you mean a literate individual who is able to property read a sign on the side of a building, then yes; I am a college boy.

No, I mean like someone who supports Jeff Gordon. A College Boy.

It got me pretty much correct - with Raleigh and Winston both being in the list of places that I lined up with. I did have to answer some things as if it were asking how I used certain terms when I was growing up... because I certainly see it changing.

See, I probably should have done that -- instead, I went with my current dialectical patterns. Maybe I'll try it again.

The survey indicated that my dialect is similar to that of someone from Jackson, MS, btw.

1Huntsville AL55.4
2Little Rock AR54.9
3Montgomery AL53.8
4Memphis TN53.8
5Mobile AL53.5
Not a very strong correlation, but weird.

Hmmm, not bad woofies:

Most Similar Cities

1 Montgomery AL 57.0
2 Mobile AL 55.5
3 Columbus GA 54.8
4 Birmingham AL 54.7
5 Winston-Salem NC 54.6

Most Similar Cities
1 Baltimore MD 55.9
2 Saint Louis MO 55.4
3 Arlington VA 54.4
4 Springfield MO 54.3
5 Raleigh NC 54.2

Not bad. I did answer one wrong, misread the word and didn't see the extra letter.

The link refuses to work for me. Either get a server overload error, or when I hit "begin" the next screen doesn't work.

Nowhere close for me.

Most Similar Cities
Columbus GA 47.1
Jackson MS 47.1
Montgomery AL 46.2
Birmingham AL 46.1
Shreveport LA 45.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back