• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here in DC the food critic for the Post hosts a weekly online chat and people will come up to him with customer service complaints. he pretty much always tells them to bring it up with a manager before they leave, but sometimes people either a) don't do that or b) do that with less than happy results so they go public. a lot of times a manager or chef of said restaurant will follow up with an offer for a free meal or whatever.

Any reason you went with kilograms?

Training for 2016?

Convenience; A friend of mine knows some people at Muscle Driver, so he scouts their "Scratch & Dent" section and they had a 20kg bar with cosmetic blemishes marked down significantly so I went with it. Still comes with a full lifetime warranty, too. I took possession of it today and it's brand new; it astounds me that this bar would be considered unfit for full retail.

The wife is totally on board with building a gym in the garage so we finally decided to start pulling the trigger on some equipment and this is the first of it.

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

(srsly that sucks)

Haha when I was explaining it to DV7 he was like, "Are you sure the phone calls aren't all from a Nigerian prince?"

So confusing - were they shipping around an empty box and then OH SHIT there isn't actually a TV in here!!1 or (more likely) do they just make stuff up to string customers along?

The second time we thought we were going to get it it would have been in time for the Super Bowl and that was awesome and then this third time it would have been here for this weekend aka OLYMPICS and I was pumped. Especially because some friends are coming down to DC to hang out and watch. #bestbuy'd

here in DC the food critic for the Post hosts a weekly online chat and people will come up to him with customer service complaints. he pretty much always tells them to bring it up with a manager before they leave, but sometimes people either a) don't do that or b) do that with less than happy results so they go public. a lot of times a manager or chef of said restaurant will follow up with an offer for a free meal or whatever.

It just seems like there are so many little things that they can do. The guy on the phone even said "well you did have an offer for a similar TV but that offer has passed so you missed it." Wow, thanks, GUY.

So pumped for Asheville this weekend. Get in mah belly Curate.

I honestly believe that customer service emails are worthless. As part of my seemingly endless struggles with KLM, I was told by a customer services superduper-supervisor (my customer services was elevated 5 levels by then) that the most effective way to try and get it resolved was to send an email to the customer care email. I did, laying out every detail of my struggles, and the response I got back yesterday, after 3 weeks, was basically "sorry for your troubles. please see our website for information on how to cancel a ticket. thanks for your loyalty to KLM." I got a dude on the inside now who has made it his mission to fix my problem and I'm hoping he can, but when this is all over, I'm gonna go HAM on the bro who sent me that email. H.A.M.

GF was flying southwest last night and they were being dick butts so I think she is going to try to get something out of that.

I understand mechanical issues but they kept telling them times and then changing them to earlier switching them back and then saying they didn't know. Gate agents were telling people different things. It was a huge cluster fuck. At 8:45 a replacement plane taxied to the gate and then without explanation left again.

Is freshness of coffee so paramount that people need to put sticky notes on the coffee pots "2/7 11:13am" is the one I just saw.

Holy shit. Was walking across the street about 30 min ago, and some guy plowed his SUV into the front door of a CVS. Crazy!

Holy shit. Was walking across the street about 30 min ago, and some guy plowed his SUV into the front door of a CVS. Crazy!

taking their stance on cigarette sales a bit too far, don't you think?

Crazy! Could you tell if it was on purpose or just someone lost control?

I realize not the same thing, but this happened at the CVS in my hood a few weeks ago:

In order to steal an ATM which was purportedly empty.

I realize not the same thing, but this happened at the CVS in my hood a few weeks ago:

Could not tell right away, but it looks like the individual was not paying attention.

I'm not up to speed on my driving stereotypes. Are Asian men bad drivers or just the women?

The 2nd part with the inside camera is pretty crazy!

AWAR - you said on fb that you paid off the TV the second time it was charged; they have refunded you, right? didn't see that mentioned again.

I'm at home with a MOTHER EFFIN SNOW DAY. AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH. pay me for playing in the snow with the dog and drinking french press all morning!!

AWAR - you said on fb that you paid off the TV the second time it was charged; they have refunded you, right? didn't see that mentioned again.

I'm at home with a MOTHER EFFIN SNOW DAY. AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH. pay me for playing in the snow with the dog and drinking french press all morning!!

Yeah, they refunded it last night. Just got an email from them offering a gift card. I'm satisfied and appreciate them doing SOMETHING to indicate that they know they messed up. I still wish we had a new fancy TV =(

Yeah, they refunded it last night. Just got an email from them offering a gift card. I'm satisfied and appreciate them doing SOMETHING to indicate that they know they messed up. I still wish we had a new fancy TV =(

yeah, that's pretty shitty of them. i'm with you in wondering what on earth happened to the TV they were definitely shipping and delivering twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back