• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 137: That's the Buzz we know and despise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team #stronglikebull for sure. I've never had the flu.

TOWNERS

now that you're back, pick my next book to read

Ugh... Power is wonky. Batteries are complaining of low voltage and lights were dim.

Guess I'll have to play iPad or Vita games.

Our power randomly went out at work yesterday at about 4:25 or so. I was planning on staying until six, but bolted at five when everybody else was leaving.

TOWNERS

now that you're back, pick my next book to read

Fiction or nonfiction? What do you like?

In nonfiction, I've been reading everything I can find from Daniel Kahnemann, who is the biggest baller right now in Behavioral Econ. Thinking Fast and Slow, Judgment under Certainty, Attention and Effort. All awesome.

In fiction, I have been reading the classics lately: Kafka's In the Penal Colony and The Trial, 1984, Animal Farm, and Lord of the Flies in a row mostly because of MCCONAUGHEY. I'm about to give up on Brideshead Revisited bc it's so fucking boring. Gonna read some Faulkner next, maybe As I Lay Dying, which I think is the only major work of his I haven't read.

Seems like y'all have had an ongoing feud about flu shots? And Cookoutdeac, MD is the only one on the side of flu shots?

Anyone want to synthesize the anti-shot argument for me? Other than sheer laziness?

My wife and I are on opposite teams here - BIG GOVT says I have to get the flu vaccination every year, so I do. The wife has an autoimmune disorder, so the vaccination can actually be detrimental for her, so she's on team #stronglikebull

So you get a sinus infection that knocks you out for a week every year, defs sounds #stronglikebull to me.

Not a week, just a day or two. It's the price I pay for living in Chucktown a couple years ago. My sinuses have never been the same sense. Thank god for Claritin. It's gonna allow me to run 33 miles this week.

So I repeat again #stronglikebull

I'm #teamflushot along with cookout, MD. I just don't see how these people can live with themselves given how many babies and olds they've MURDERED by passing around the flu.

In nonfiction, I've been reading everything I can find from Daniel Kahnemann, who is the biggest baller right now in Behavioral Econ. Thinking Fast and Slow, Judgment under Certainty, Attention and Effort. All awesome.

In fiction, I have been reading the classics lately: Kafka's In the Penal Colony and The Trial, 1984, Animal Farm, and Lord of the Flies in a row mostly because of MCCONAUGHEY. I'm about to give up on Brideshead Revisited bc it's so fucking boring. Gonna read some Faulkner next, maybe As I Lay Dying, which I think is the only major work of his I haven't read.

the last book I read was 50 shades of grey

Not a week, just a day or two. It's the price I pay for living in Chucktown a couple years ago. My sinuses have never been the same sense. Thank god for Claritin. It's gonna allow me to run 33 miles this week.

Searching "sick" through your posting history has revealed a variety of posts about being sick for multiple days (5 days straight last year!) at different points in history. That short memory of yours probably helps you actually believe you're right when you say "I've NEVER had the flu"...

Also wtf is this? Living in a place fucks up your sinuses forever??? #science?

Chucktown isn't China bro.

I've had Kahnemann on deck for awhile, think I'll read some of his stuff

Also wtf is this? Living in a place fucks up your sinuses forever??? #science?

Chucktown isn't China bro.

SMH. I've lived in Charleston for 7 years and I don't have "forever fucked" sinuses. Sounds more like #weaklikelamb

So this guy I'm living with bought me a shirt because "he saw it and thought of me" which I guess is weird but OK, who doesn't like a new shirt? What is starting to freak me out is he has the exact same shirt and whenever he wears it he tries to get me to wear mine because "we'd be like twins." I think he wants a twin or is obsessed with twins or something, its bizarre.

I'm #teamflushot along with cookout, MD. I just don't see how these people can live with themselves given how many babies and olds they've MURDERED by passing around the flu.

+1

I used to be #teamstronglikebull (because I literally have never had the flu...at least that I know of). But then getting preggers and having an itty bitty baby made me realize I should be on #teamflushot for the babies and the olds.

ProVaccine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back