• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta keep that blank tape in there at the right spot and make sure you're standing there in between songs so that you can hit the record button at the perfect time and not cut off a big chunk of the beginning of the song

And how about when you tried to record a song and the stupid DJ would run his yapper well into the start of the song fuuuu

Oh I definitely had a ginormous CD burner back in 2000, I thought it was the coolest thing to be able to make my own CDs. It plugged right into the parallel port on my laptop and took 2 hours to do.

mine was a drive built into the CPU, was directly below the regular CD-ROM drive. y'all kids don't know what that is.

i have learned more about xhtml today than in 3 years of working loosely with it

I wish I had all the time I spent downloading and burning movies onto CDs back. I had like 300+ full length divx movies and I saw maybe one or two.

once my sister was recording my Mom's Beatles albums from vinyl to cassette and I just wanted to be a jerk so I came into the room screaming so it would mess up the recording (the record player and cassette recorder weren't attached, she was just recording from a mic or something.) What a little snot.

I kinda miss the mix tape days

tumblr_inline_mtfzmpkdxe1qh70fo.gif

once my sister was recording my Mom's Beatles albums from vinyl to cassette and I just wanted to be a jerk so I came into the room screaming so it would mess up the recording (the record player and cassette recorder weren't attached, she was just recording from a mic or something.) What a little snot.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-thumb.jpg

One of two co-founders of Napster, Sean Parker, is a pretty big investor with Spotify. Dat dude is rollin in it. Started Napster, first president of thefacebook.com, on board at Spotify... $buckets

his fund is awesome. it's him and peter thiel, and their office is in the presidio next to lucas films. they have a yoda fountain. by far my fave client.

Anyone else trade live concerts back in the day? I spent a lot of time doing B&Ps.

Anyone else trade live concerts back in the day? I spent a lot of time doing B&Ps.

my buddy's dad was in on the taper network, and basically had every grateful dead concert in the best quality on earth

when i was big into phish, i could just ask him for whatever i wanted, and he'd send me a great quality version

my buddy's dad was in on the taper network, and basically had every grateful dead concert in the best quality on earth

when i was big into phish, i could just ask him for whatever i wanted, and he'd send me a great quality version

A buddy of mine was huge into trading Phish tapes back in college. He must have had thousands of tapes.

And how about when you tried to record a song and the stupid DJ would run his yapper well into the start of the song fuuuu
Reminds me of the KaZaa days when you'd try to get the hottest rap songs and 6 seconds into it you'd hear DJ CLUE ALL UP IN THIS BITCH!

there was a lonely island song that made fun of that dj thing

palma! i saw the man aka the glove aka gary payton over at the mall today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back