• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that Bermuda is not all that warm in the winter (it's not as far south as most people think it is). Just looked quickly and it appears as though the January average is in the mid-60s...which might be nicer than home...but not tropical necessarily.

Keep in mind that Bermuda is not all that warm in the winter (it's not as far south as most people think it is). Just looked quickly and it appears as though the January average is in the mid-60s...which might be nicer than home...but not tropical necessarily.

High 50s/Low 60s is PERFECT running weather

That's sounds awesome. Although it would probably be pretty rural, so maybe not.

I prefer smaller, quieter races. Reviews say this one has lots of awesome ocean views and the smaller towns bring out surprising support.

Stilted, but a different meaning/implication/usage than "insights."

I think "findings" is probably less awkward, and closer to the intended usage with "learnings."

"Learnings" as a shortened version of "what we learned" is concise and grammatically correct, but I agree, it's awkward.

Also, somebody talk me out of starting a thread on the politics board about the etymology and linguistic history of the idiomatic "bootstraps."

Not worth it, even for the comedic value, right?

In the context of the whole presentation, I think "lessons learned" would be appropriate. It's not my favorite term but it's way better than "learnings".

but it's MLK weekend

yep - I would not be looking for a hot tropical vacation marathon because that would be rough running weather.

I prefer smaller, quieter races. Reviews say this one has lots of awesome ocean views and the smaller towns bring out surprising support.

All valid points. Plus running through different small towns would be sweet.

Not sure I'd commit to the Full, but I could be down for the Half. Especially with the full just being two large 13.1 loops. I would hate running that twice.

With it being MLK weekend I might be able to swing it. Although flights from Texas might be tough. Let me know if you do it. I'd consider it if I don't end up going to Cancun for a wedding during Thanksgiving.

yesterday we had an oil change meeting, producing lessons learned, and giving us a roadmap for the to-do's ahead

In the context of the whole presentation, I think "lessons learned" would be appropriate. It's not my favorite term but it's way better than "learnings".

Not my favorite either, and again, a (very slight) semantic/meaing difference, but I'd prefer that as well.

All valid points. Plus running through different small towns would be sweet.

Not sure I'd commit to the Full, but I could be down for the Half. With it being MLK weekend I might be able to swing it. Although flights from Texas might be tough. Let me know if you do it. I'd consider it if I don't end up going to Cancun for a wedding during Thanksgiving.

rtqandbraskygonnasmush

BucQt14IMAApCD3.jpg

one of my running friends is talking about a trip to Bermuda for a marathon in January... kind of sounds awesome.

Have you done any running on an island? I ran a little when I was down in St. Thomas in July (obviously different location and season), and it was unbelievably hot and humid even before sunrise.

Nevermind, that's been addressed. Seems like the weather would be awesome.

Last edited:
I'd be down with going to Bermuda but running a marathon there seems contrary to the whole point of going. But I'm a beach bum

The more I think about it, the more it would suck to be in Bermuda when its cold. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back