• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tips. It will be Barca's first game of the season, so that could make it even more fun.

yeah there should be tons of ppl out, esp. with the new coach who is a Barca legend returning to the fold, and plenty of optimism. certainly not the greatest opponent, but should be fun.

get off the Metro and just find a bar near the stadium. there are a few Irish pubs as well as more Spanish bars.

Haha, phenomenal. "Everybody looks at me like I have three heads when I tell them to burn my food. SMH."

Another one:

I have been calling for hours and nobody is answering the phone. Yall sent my check in cash and im in va and my ex has stolen my check. I have been calling mellissa for days and get no call back and she is never there. Im sending police to you and him. Someone needs to call me back. Im call bbb and a lawyer. And the news and whoever is someone does not call me today!!!

I certainly know how to pronounce Barcelona, but have definitely always mentally read BarcaDeac as BarkaDeac.

oh shit df07 I just accidentally negged you when it was meant to be a poe's. my b.

oh shit df07 I just accidentally negged you when it was meant to be a poe's. my b.

tears.gif

one of my running friends is talking about a trip to Bermuda for a marathon in January... kind of sounds awesome.

Hoo boy, I have come across a word usage that just irritates the bejesus out of me. Learnings. As in, "We put an emphasis on sharing learnings at safety meetings."

Hoo boy, I have come across a word usage that just irritates the bejesus out of me. Learnings. As in, "We put an emphasis on sharing learnings at safety meetings."

Ugh, so stilted. Why not "we emphasize sharing insights at safety meetings"

Ugh, so stilted. Why not "we emphasize sharing insights at safety meetings"

Stilted, but a different meaning/implication/usage than "insights."

I think "findings" is probably less awkward, and closer to the intended usage with "learnings."

"Learnings" as a shortened version of "what we learned" is concise and grammatically correct, but I agree, it's awkward.

Also, somebody talk me out of starting a thread on the politics board about the etymology and linguistic history of the idiomatic "bootstraps."

Not worth it, even for the comedic value, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back