• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 168: ladydeac03 barf updates inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, SX is how​ they blow up!

Haha yeah. I'm defs aware. But with that many acts you have to know who to seek out and have to do a lot of figuring out which bands are going to blow up on your own. With XPN you see every single act (never two sets going on at the same time) so you don't have to worry about it.

When I'm in SF I will have company paying for flights for a while so might take advantage of that to get down there.

SXSW doesn't seem all that fun to me. Seems like too much of a shitshow. I think if I were a local I would be irritated by it.

No, that is exactly it -- the local thing to do is either to embrace it and go all in or to rent out your place for $600 a night and get out of town.

My first year, WaketheUniverse came to visit and we went all out, every show every day. The second year, I went camping for the first four days and then enjoyed the next bit. This year, they've added MORE days, but everything ends at 10PM. I have friends coming for next weekend, but they'll leave before most of the music stuff starts up. I'll probably hit up at least something everyday, but stay as far away from 6th as possible on the others.

Haha yeah. I'm defs aware. But with that many acts you have to know who to seek out and have to do a lot of figuring out which bands are going to blow up on your own. With XPN you see every single act (never two sets going on at the same time) so you don't have to worry about it.

When I'm in SF I will have company paying for flights for a while so might take advantage of that to get down there.

Fortunately, I have friends who are like music savants and track all these bands I've never heard of. Kind of like you and Townie. They curate my experience. I'll forward you the email, actually, and you can tell me if you've heard of any of them.

No, that is exactly it -- the local thing to do is either to embrace it and go all in or to rent out your place for $600 a night and get out of town.

My first year, WaketheUniverse came to visit and we went all out, every show every day. The second year, I went camping for the first four days and then enjoyed the next bit. This year, they've added MORE days, but everything ends at 10PM. I have friends coming for next weekend, but they'll leave before most of the music stuff starts up. I'll probably hit up at least something everyday, but stay as far away from 6th as possible on the others.

That's how Mardi Gras as when I lived in NOLA. The longer someone lived there is more likely they were to leave town.

That's how Mardi Gras as when I lived in NOLA. The longer someone lived there is more likely they were to leave town.

Definitely. It's nice that I live close enough to bike down for a show, get hammered, and bike back all before noon. Just gotta make sure that I get some work done over the course of the week.

Pretty sure Mike Huckabee was on my flight to ATL. Also, the guy in front of me kept trying to recline his chair. He kept looking back like I was not allowing him to do so. But thankfully his chair was just broken.

I'm a weed noob. I've heard its good for hangovers like right now? Because I drank for 14 hours for Part 1 of the insane St Patricks Day celebrations and I don't want to move

I should have pursued the doctor chick more. She was born in the 70s!

at least I ran into attitudedeac and TopDeac for the first time since I moved out of their neighborhood two years ago. So that was nice.

what was townie whining about on the game thread? legit complaints or standard townie softness.

Starting to get the shakes in the airport. Many pitchers of Deschutes IPA were consumed last night. God bless Texas.

Hope I make it back to CHS

what was townie whining about on the game thread? legit complaints or standard townie softness.

303256912.jpg

Starting to get the shakes in the airport. Many pitchers of Deschutes IPA were consumed last night. God bless Texas.

Hope I make it back to CHS

Oh man, that is a bad place to be. Don't have an anxiety attack when they close the cabin doors, bro.

Just hit balls for the first time in 7 months. I definitely need to make that more of a priority.

Oh man, that is a bad place to be. Don't have an anxiety attack when they close the cabin doors, bro.

Made it to ATL in one piece. Thankfully no headache, but I feel like I got punched in the stomach. Sucks getting old, but thank goodness for late night street tacos; I think those saved me from what could have been a bad flying experience.

Just hit balls for the first time in 7 months. I definitely need to make that more of a priority.

I played in Hawaii two weeks ago for the first time in a year; made me feel exactly like you are right now.

A buddy of mine had the mung on an airplane one time and it was one of the craziest stories ever. They had to open the cabin door when they were on the runway and ultimately he had to deboard and drive like 12 hours across Texas in the middle of the night.

A buddy of mine had the mung on an airplane one time and it was one of the craziest stories ever. They had to open the cabin door when they were on the runway and ultimately he had to deboard and drive like 12 hours across Texas in the middle of the night.

Wow that's wild. I'm turning the corner...had a smoothie and that seems to have done the trick. Can't wait to get home and crawl into bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back