• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 173: "Say you're from Vandalay industries!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

i get it from an SF perspective where everything needs to be DISRUPTED but i don't look at cabs and say man what a fuckup that industry is

uber is a fine product, i don't have an issue with it, it just doesn't really offer me benefits

just my perspective

You must have never lived in D.C. then.

the sky just completely erupted

wild to watch a storm like this from the 15th floor

tornado warnings again in SE PA

guess i'll wait a bit to walk home

Oh great, while the dog's at daycare again. Last time she refused to leave the building and I had to carry her to the car.

And now you have a job too!

If only, man. Haven't driven in about two months. Probably only made about $500 total driving. I got rear ended (NTTIAWWT) several weeks ago and the insurance process has taken forever to get sorted out. Finally going to get my new bumper next week, dropping my car off on Friday before I leave for Cambodia and having my buddy pick it up.

But yeah I'm definitely going to get back after it in the fall. Going to try to work 8-10 hour/week in the evenings after student teaching. Gotta make that drinking money!

i get if they give you a great rec or find your lost phone, but why would you tip a server if they just take your order and bring out your food?

i tip servers well because i know that's how their "salary" is structured. didn't realize that was the case w/ cabbies. :noidea:

Whoa. For reals? You've defs been called some bad bad things upon closing that door then.
I've never taken a cab without having luggage with me, so I do tip them for that - but it wouldn't have occurred to me to just tip someone who's just driving me/no bags.

Did you somehow completely avoid hopping in a cab and paying attention as to what happened when you got out during your college years?
cab? wtf. that's what pledges are for.

Not having to ever speak to a dispatcher again makes uber the winner in my book.

This is especially true when you're in a place with a bunch of younger people who are also looking for cabs. I've had way too many cabs stolen from me.

I don't think Townie understands how much taxis SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED in a large majority of Amerian cities before Uber arrived.

Pre-Uber if you called a dispatcher in either Austin, Winston, Charleston or Charlotte (my personal experiences obvi) and asked them to have a cab at your place in 30 mins, they'd either have a cab show up in 10 mins or an hour later. Never at the actual time requested. And the taxi driver that showed up in 10 mins would get all butthurt that you weren't rushing down to meet him even though he was 20 mins early.

That alone is why having uber and lyft around is so great. They don't get away with that shit anymore.

or the common phenomenon that when they were approaching your location they just picked someone else up instead. it's a wonder anyone that lived in ws would not understand the shittiness of cabs. fucking willard, man.

Will there ever be a scandal that replaces -gate? I hope so.

or the common phenomenon that when they were approaching your location they just picked someone else up instead. it's a wonder anyone that lived in ws would not understand the shittiness of cabs. fucking willard, man.

I made friends with JIMMY THE GREAT and never had cab troubles again. Like my own personal driver. That guy got me out of a couple scrapes too.

Cabs in Philly are great. They're everywhere, I've literally never had a single problem in the dozens and dozens of cab rides I've taken.

The last time I took a cab in Philly I was coming from the airport and the driver ran into the concrete median dividing the highway. The cab just bounced off, pretty significantly dented, and the guy just kept driving us to our destination. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I also am unsure if my appearance on your list is a good thing or a bad thing.

The last time I took a cab in Philly I was coming from the airport and the driver ran into the concrete median dividing the highway. The cab just bounced off, pretty significantly dented, and the guy just kept driving us to our destination. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I also am unsure if my appearance on your list is a good thing or a bad thing.

Last cab I took in Philly I had the driver yell at me about how my fare was too short. He had picked me up at the train station and was taking me to a hotel at Rittenhouse Square. He was mad that he had waited in the queue for 45 mins and this was all he got. Not my problem, bro.

So everyone thinks everything about Philly sucks but townie. I'm shocked.

Townie only has Winston Salem and central pa for comparison though

I had a cab driver in DC scream at me for cracking a window when he didn't have the A/C on in July.

Nope. Dude called me an asshole and that in his car I should ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back