• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 175: ohioans use selfie sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

deacdiggler

"Well known member"
Reaction score
Good morning new CT!

Last edited:
as noted previously, i'll be flying to spain for 9 days on sunday, so your tittles will not be modified for an extended period of time. tough it out.

Pretty stoked for my upcoming guys week vacation. 7 hours between me and 10 days off work.

crab cakes on the roof tonight (in charge of sides/booze)
pool party/cookout tomorrow
cookout Sunday after softball

Gonna spend too much time today planning out foods and gathering recipes/ideas. Might just cop out Sunday and bring charcoal

What do you have planned?
DeaconPeach and Wolf1297 are coming up tomorrow to go tubing.
Hanging out with tuffalo tomorrow night.
Leaving Tuesday morning with camper in tow with wolf1297 and the Beave to head to Bristol TN for the week. Lots and lots of racing and booze to be had.

Seeing the Aquarium Rescue Unit tonight
Cookout tomorrow
Fantasy draft Sunday at a friend's

just got invited to go to a Brazilian steakhouse next week for Restaurant Week. #meatsweats

A large worn-down apartment complex of affordable housing on the edge of my neighborhood is slated to be torn down and replaced by new upscale apartments in a few years. The #hottakes on the neighborhood facebook page are fascinating to follow. It sucks that these historic buildings and mature trees will be torn down, but if the owners decide to make a buck and charge more than $600 per month for their units, that's up to them. Renovation would probably be so costly that it would spike rent costs anyway. Anyone on the page who takes any side except "these developers are terrible and greedy and I can't believe they want to force all these elderly people out of their lifelong homes to replace them with generic yuppy shit for terrible rich people" is just being skewered.

A large worn-down apartment complex of affordable housing on the edge of my neighborhood is slated to be torn down and replaced by new upscale apartments in a few years. The #hottakes on the neighborhood facebook page are fascinating to follow. It sucks that these historic buildings and mature trees will be torn down, but if the owners decide to make a buck and charge more than $600 per month for their units, that's up to them. Renovation would probably be so costly that it would spike rent costs anyway. Anyone on the page who takes any side except "these developers are terrible and greedy and I can't believe they want to force all these elderly people out of their lifelong homes to replace them with generic yuppy shit for terrible rich people" is just being skewered.

this happened in my neighborhood and i was PUMPED about it. property value on the rise, yall! #homeowner #adultlyfe

Yeah fuck those people. If they wanted absolute control over where they lived, they should have worked harder and become homeowners. People that oppose gentrification are morons.

There are people who own houses on adjacent streets who dared to express pleasure that the buildings they face might look better. Some bitter tenant said something like "well I hope your property taxes go up so high that you can't afford your house anymore so you have to know what's it's like to be forced onto the street." And the bitter tenant is claiming that the city is just trying to get rid of all the middle class people. The neighborhood is middle class.

Capitalist pigs!!!

DbvPXgD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back