• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 175: ohioans use selfie sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. My point is that you don't have to drink and it's really not a big deal, or at least it shouldn't be. You adjust pretty easily.

did somebody here actually suggest we should not ride wellman, a public figure, for destroying wake sports because he has an alleged brain injury?

That's fine. My point is that you don't have to drink and it's really not a big deal, or at least it shouldn't be. You adjust pretty easily.

Yeah, says the guy that goes to bed at 8pm during the world cup.

Yeah, says the guy that goes to bed at 8pm during the world cup.

lol

context!

There's normally zero alcohol sales in Brazilian stadiums, but the big sponsors/FIFA made them sell beer. I got a commemorative cup from each match that I attended because I thought they were cool.

With soccer there just aren't enough chances to sneak away and not miss the action.
futuramafry.jpg

If you even drink at all in the stadium (most don't), you either do that or stick to before/halftime

It's basically the same as (almost) every college sporting event you've been to

people smuggle in booze?

and diggler, call it soccer not football you putz

That place looks alright.

I may have to rethink my thoughts on the honeymoon.

people smuggle in booze?

and diggler, call it soccer not football you putz

it's so dumb, but they have people scouring the stands for flasks and shit, arresting people all over the place in english stadiums, something like 2000 fans a year get arrested in the premier league

Think about it, goal scoring is so rare and you never really know when it might happen, it sucks to walk away for 5 minutes and miss literally the only goal of the game or something. At least if you're at home watching you can rewind/see highlights and shit.

That place looks alright.

I may have to rethink my thoughts on the honeymoon.

Bro come here. This is heaven. I kayaked out into the cove today and just laid there and took it all in. Drank a beer and appreciated every thing about my life. It's stunningly gorgeous.

Fuck the Caribbean. This place is it.

If you even drink at all in the stadium (most don't), you either do that or stick to before/halftime

It's basically the same as (almost) every college sporting event you've been to

Which I don't view as a positive. I loved being able to drink at both of the friendly USA/Germany matches I've been to (in both the US and Germany) while watching the game. With soccer there just aren't enough chances to sneak away and not miss the action.

Football Saturday is all about tinnies on the train, pints in the pub, and a couple of beers at the ground before kickoff. Grab a pie and a beer at halftime to refresh the buzz, then back to the pub afterwords. I've never really felt like I needed one during the match except for that general American need to have a beer in hand at all times. I definitely always have that.

Just for having booze in the stadium or generally? Seems like the NFL would probably dwarf that number.

Just for booze in the stadium. There was a Guardian report about it after last season, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Football Saturday is all about tinnies on the train, pints in the pub, and a couple of beers at the ground before kickoff. Grab a pie and a beer at halftime to refresh the buzz, then back to the pub afterwords. I've never really felt like I needed one during the match except for that general American need to have a beer in hand at all times. I definitely always have that.

Lol this is the best way to describe it.

What's the goal w/ the no alcohol in the actual stands? More family friendly? Less fights over spilled beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back