• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 175: ohioans use selfie sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the goal w/ the no alcohol in the actual stands? More family friendly? Less fights over spilled beer?

European soccer has had deaths in the past from a lot of things, whether that's stands collapsing or riots or rushing the field. Fights are one piece. Stadiums were being held liable for alcohol-related problems in the past, and those numbers have gone way down since 1985.

What's the goal w/ the no alcohol in the actual stands? More family friendly? Less fights over spilled beer?

Fewer fights, I imagine. Which contributes to a more family-friendly atmosphere. SKY GENERATION.

Think about it, goal scoring is so rare and you never really know when it might happen, it sucks to walk away for 5 minutes and miss literally the only goal of the game or something. At least if you're at home watching you can rewind/see highlights and shit.

The other way to look at it is that theres a 98% chance Ya won't miss a damn thing

CT 175: Spanish fly

The lack of violence in American sports fandom perplexes most of the Europeans I've met on this trip.

TBH that's been my #murica moment

They all ask if I have guns and shit bc I'm from Texas and then we talk about sports and regional rivalries and it blows their mind how nobody fights over it

charlotte on incline

CMZB9kGUYAEdnaX.jpg

If you even drink at all in the stadium (most don't), you either do that or stick to before/halftime

It's basically the same as (almost) every college sporting event you've been to

When we went to a Hertha BSC game in Berlin, there was a beer guy with a huge vat of beer on his back that he carried around, and he'd fill up your cup with as much beer as you wanted. It was amazing.

i like that there is a theory that barca's colors were chosen based on the color of accounting pencils. For that reason, i'm in.

i like that there is a theory that barca's colors were chosen based on the color of accounting pencils. For that reason, i'm in.

probably not. Hans Gamper founded Barca and he came from FC Basel, who has the same colors and a similar logo. but you should like that the nickname for the fans is Cule, which basically means ass in Catalan since at the (original?) stadium the fans' asses would hang over the bleachers.

Picked up some Westbrook Gose and some bottles of Dark Horse Cab, hello weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back