• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 188: Question of the Day: Who is the scariest person you've ever met?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your boy, Sherlock CHUPE, was all over that crime shit yesterday. Homeboy who I suspected definitely stole this student's backpack, sold to someone else, who then called the owner. Then the owner ran into the suspect later and confronted him, and the suspect admitted it all. Now I have to keep an eye out for the suspect (who I had researched earlier and has a record, including a couple of assaults, so it might be ON) and call the cops if I see the dude.

I deserve some sort of prize.

what was in the backpack that was worth selling? surely not just a backpack and some textbooks?

nice sleuthing!

El Chupe, that's cool and all, but if you call the cops that is an anticlimactic end to your tale. The substantially better ending would be that you spear tackle that mofo in the middle of the library, then stand above him with your foot on his chest until the popo arrives, all the while holding up one arm and confidently repeating to all onlookers, "Don't worry, the threat is neutralized. I have this under control."

Yeah and then you can say "sorry I thought I saw him reaching his arm out to Donald Trump and was a threat to our national security" to avoid the battery charges.

there's a really good crepe place that was there about 2 years ago. no idea if it's still there but it was delightful.

thanks. it's still there, I've heard about that place (probably on these here boards). Looks like it's open decent hours on a Saturday afternoon.

There was a laptop and a wallet in the backpack. Suspect took backpack, took laptop and wallet out to put in his own backpack, then stashed the stolen backpack into some panels in the wall of the handicapped stall in the men's restroom :noidea: the Library should probably look into fixing that.

Just looking at this guy I think I could take him, but he also seems like he is a meth head who might fight scrappy and dirty. And he has a lot of piercings he could potentially use as weapons. On the flip side, those could also be his weakness like when I rip that nose ring right out from his nostrils.

That birth announcement video was so dumb

I kinda forgot how cheesy the stereotypical wake grad can be

I realize you are all on pins and needles, so to update, Time Warner just called me, had reviewed my file and dropped my rate $25/month so that it was down to $10/month above my promo rate. Spoke with the rep for 5 minutes and figured out how to get that down to the same price as my promo rate -- dropped a level of internet speed (from 200 Mbps to 100 Mbps, which is still way more than I need).

Total savings for next year: $420.
Total time from initiation of inquiry to reduced bill: 19 hours.
My total time investment it took me to achieve savings: 10 minutes.
Number of times I had to call TWC + number of minutes I waited on hold: 0.

Thus endeth the lesson, Sweet Leebs and Dear Rubbins.

Yeah, boyeeeeee... :whathappenedtoourblazedoutsmokingemoticon:

So did the victim get his shit back?

I think so? I'm not sure if this tale has reached its conclusion yet. He was definitely contacted by the guy who got his laptop, but I'm not sure what that guy paid to the perp, if he got his money back, etc. Also, there was a wallet the status of which I have yet to hear.

#LittleMrAwesome is definitely going to have a #swpl name. I could see it having some tie to the beach. Like Waverly.

I think so? I'm not sure if this tale has reached its conclusion yet. He was definitely contacted by the guy who got his laptop, but I'm not sure what that guy paid to the perp, if he got his money back, etc. Also, there was a wallet the status of which I have yet to hear.

weird about the guy who bought the stuff. like did the robber guy just start asking random people if they wanted to buy a computer? how sketchy. Did the guy who bought it just intend all along to do a good deed and return the computer to its owner, even if he lost a bunch of money in the process? all so strange. are these all UNC students?

weird about the guy who bought the stuff. like did the robber guy just start asking random people if they wanted to buy a computer? how sketchy. Did the guy who bought it just intend all along to do a good deed and return the computer to its owner, even if he lost a bunch of money in the process? all so strange. are these all UNC students?

The guy who had his shit stolen was a student, not sure about the guy who bought the shit -- if he was a student or his motives behind contacting the guy. The guy who stole the shit is definitely not a student and we've noticed him around before, which was why I thought it might be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back