• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we are about to hit a sweet spot with our son where we can leave him with my parents overnight and can travel comparatively easy and now we are hitting the reset button on that clock.

Yup. We went through that ahead of both kid #2 and kid #3. It really sucks to reset that clock.

But our youngest is the same age as your oldest (I know this from seeing you leave the hospital)... So we are getting close to being able to do things. Just need to get this boy potty-trained and we'll be good to go.

what is your most used emoji when texting?

for me it's

33d0f06862e7998440fe8916ff291db2.jpg

Yep, without a question this and 100

That's a tough one because she's the one that matters the most in this decision. I don't think we'd have had a third kid if my wife wasn't 100% on board. She would have resented me every time things got tough due to having 3 kids instead of 2.

I mean, shit, she barely likes me now and I'm pretty blameless in terms of the difficulties of her life.

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Push presses and KB swings! EMOM for 20 minutes... 10 min of push press / 10 min of KB swings - And doing it outside due to the beautiful weather!

All 3 of my kids are way into Ring Fit Adventure, which has been great with our zero degree weather and 40 plus inches of snow over the last month. My girls otherwise could not care less about any video game other than Roblox, but the boy has surpassed me in nearly all aspects of video game playing other than Madden. We are playing Immortals:Fenyx Rising now and he is way ahead of me and can solve the puzzles much more easily than I can, to my great shame.

Edited to say I quoted the wrong ATS post, but you know what I'm talking about. But to the point of the post above, I was the one who needed convincing on the third (which my wife had when she was 36), but can't imagine any other decision now of course. Now I'm trying to do the convincing on a dog.

Last edited:
Having three, on the other hand, sounds like a living hell. The wife seems to think that's ideal, but I do not want to be outnumbered.

It sucked in the beginning. Chaos. But now it is great. The two older girls (4&6) can play with each other without needing my wife or I. Sometimes they'll even include their little brother.

The problem we're running into now is that every one of them is going to have their own activities and we'll have to drive all over Atlanta to take them places. Will only get worse as they get older and this pandemic ends.

that face plus the thumbs up. also use the thumbs up a lot in Teams when replying to someone's comment. basically the equivalent of saying yes or Ok.

I used the thumbs up all of the time until my wife told me she felt it was dismissive of what she's texting me. I mean FFS, do I really need to give her an in depth confirmation of every comment and thought she has?

Disclaimer: I still love my wife...in case you're reading this.

I used the thumbs up all of the time until my wife told me she felt it was dismissive of what she's texting me. I mean FFS, do I really need to give her an in depth confirmation of every comment and thought she has?

IncompatibleHandmadeAfricanaugurbuzzard-small.gif

Ah yeah, thumbs up gets heavy play in whatsapp too, but in imessage chats, I'll just use the thumbs up response to confirm acknowledgement of something. Luckily no one has ever expressed displeasure at my using it. That reminds me of a real house wives episode (salt lake city?) my wife had on the other day where one of the women flipped out at another for sending her a thumbs up emoji. I thought they were just being crazy, but with resilient sharing that story, maybe there is a subset of people who view it that way after all.

I sent you rep, but figured it would be easier this way...Any recs on brand? Feel free to PM if you don't wanna discuss publicly.

The OG Stork and Bickel Volcano. It's super expensive, like $500, but my goodness is it a terrific product. I do not own one myself, but have used one probably 500 times. It's a great social product.

I went to a place in Amsterdam that was a combination coffee shop/arcade. You could rent a volcano by the hour and choose from a dozens of pages long catalog of strains, there was a full bar, pool tables, darts, foosball, pinball machines, video poker, an XBOX, a SNES, some VR headsets, so many fun toys. We probably spent 7 hrs in there; I think it is my concept of what heaven is like.

Just alternate with a "k" and if you're feeling like you need to be a bit more attentive go with the "ok"

the most insulting response is the "like" reaction on an iphone text

you might as well go tell me to fuck myself

I don't know what it means yet, but it says something deep about you if you choose the white skin emoji option instead of the yellow default

Ah yeah, thumbs up gets heavy play in whatsapp too, but in imessage chats, I'll just use the thumbs up response to confirm acknowledgement of something. Luckily no one has ever expressed displeasure at my using it. That reminds me of a real house wives episode (salt lake city?) my wife had on the other day where one of the women flipped out at another for sending her a thumbs up emoji. I thought they were just being crazy, but with resilient sharing that story, maybe there is a subset of people who view it that way after all.

My wife watches A LOT of real housewives propaganda...Maybe she got it in her head after seeing that episode that the thumbs up is actually a hurtful emoji. Those damned housewives ! Ruining my marriage !

The OG Stork and Bickel Volcano. It's super expensive, like $500, but my goodness is it a terrific product. I do not own one myself, but have used one probably 500 times. It's a great social product.

I went to a place in Amsterdam that was a combination coffee shop/arcade. You could rent a volcano by the hour and choose from a dozens of pages long catalog of strains, there was a full bar, pool tables, darts, foosball, pinball machines, video poker, an XBOX, a SNES, some VR headsets, so many fun toys. We probably spent 7 hrs in there; I think it is my concept of what heaven is like.

Excellent info...Appreciate it. We are looking heavily into it and actually factored in that it would be around $500.

Amsterdam sounds like what dreams are made of. Never been, but on my bucket list before I get too old and washed up. Maybe my boy Biden will make it all legal here and we don't have to go to Amsterdam for heaven.

the most insulting response is the "like" reaction on an iphone text

you might as well go tell me to fuck myself

lol whoops, I don't understand this though.. I usually do it just because it's a way to acknowledge something without having to clog up what is usually a group message chain with another text..

I don't know what it means yet, but it says something deep about you if you choose the white skin emoji option instead of the yellow default

I'd be lying if I told you I never used one...I don't do pale white or dark brown...I use something in between that resembles my skin tone...Well, my bronzed, summer skin tone.

Having said that, by bringing this to my attention, I may just only do the yellow thumb, as I never factored in that I was being offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back