• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
chat thread becoming parenting thread a decade after it was the chasing hoodrats thread SMH

I only did it in middle school and I was a skinny ass kid so I never had to starve myself. I did have a very irregular BM schedule that made for one 3 lb swing the night before a tournament. Coach wanted me to sweat off some weight and I was like "nah I'm good coach, just need to get home to my throne"

it was fun though. Hard to replicate the feeling u get from meeting an opponent mano e mano and coming away victorious.

I think Conan the Barbarian put it most succinctly, the best thing in life is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women. Winning was awesome.

I have tons of weight loss stories, my high school roommate still brings up the night I slept in a trash bag to drop weight, every time I moved, the sound of the bag would wake him up.

I think Conan the Barbarian put it most succinctly, the best thing in life is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women. Winning was awesome.

I have tons of weight loss stories, my high school roommate still brings up the night I slept in a trash bag to drop weight, every time I moved, the sound of the bag would wake him up.

What was your biggest cut? How about the worst cut (if there is a difference between biggest/worst)? How'd you do it? Ever miss weight?

my wife bought a book about baby led weaning, and i think we want to do it; you do recommend the course above just reading about the topic?

just give them regular food as soon as they can sit up reliably in the high-chair and masticate, like 6-8 months. cut stuff into tiny cubes and overcook vegetables. you don't need to read or take a course

just give them regular food as soon as they can sit up reliably in the high-chair and masticate, like 6-8 months. cut stuff into tiny cubes and overcook vegetables. you don't need to read or take a course

Yeah this is pretty much it. Avocado, overcooked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, risotto were staples for us for a few months. The other thing is just to feed them what you eat and eat a lot of variety. Not really much of a difference for you (Townie)

my wife bought a book about baby led weaning, and i think we want to do it; you do recommend the course above just reading about the topic?

a book would probably suffice. there's not too much to it, to be honest. it's a lot about getting the confidence to seeing your child gag. the course we did has an extended video showing kids gagging so you get used to it, which is different than choking. the other big thing is to not be discouraged about them not eating much or anything at all of what you give them at first. our son would chew/suck on things but not swallow a lot until we stopped doing formula then he quickly realized the sustenance is coming from solid food. you can also google around to find pics on how to cut certain foods and what you can/can't give. like no raw carrots or apples, for example.

in general we'd recommend the process. it makes it way easier when meal planning so you don't have to plan a lot of separate meals. we have a lot of stuff on-hand to give him (like for sandwiches or whatever) if we don't feel like cooking, but otherwise we just give him what we make.

EvFXSvuXUAsYvZt

What was your biggest cut? How about the worst cut (if there is a difference between biggest/worst)? How'd you do it? Ever miss weight?

I played football at 185 and a month later wrestled at 152. Easily the hardest thing that I’ve ever done.

Once I got down to weight I was usually able to keep it within 5-7 pounds.

I never missed weight but I definitely spent a lot of time running in trash bags and sweats right up until weigh in and then got on the scale naked.

I also threw up in the middle of multiple matches after trying to rehydrate myself.

thanks guys

one thing i'm doing in quarantine is turning into a real psy-op/conspiracy theory crank

read two books and now i'm straight up not fun to talk to

qanon is still so hilariously stupid, though

Yeah this is pretty much it. Avocado, overcooked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, risotto were staples for us for a few months. The other thing is just to feed them what you eat and eat a lot of variety. Not really much of a difference for you (Townie)

yeah, we made a big push that 'meal is meal', especially dinner. obviously it's not perfect and our variety is a little reduced but generally speaking, our kids eat the same stuff we do for all meals.

thanks guys

one thing i'm doing in quarantine is turning into a real psy-op/conspiracy theory crank

i mean, Big Baby selling you books and gadgets is definitely a conspiracy

I played football at 185 and a month later wrestled at 152. Easily the hardest thing that I’ve ever done.

Once I got down to weight I was usually able to keep it within 5-7 pounds.

I never missed weight but I definitely spent a lot of time running in trash bags and sweats right up until weigh in and then got on the scale naked.

I also threw up in the middle of multiple matches after trying to rehydrate myself.

This is just insanity. Glad my other sport was soccer.

shouts out to that cashier that runs up asparagus as celery though

may all your bell peppers be rung up as green -- go in peace

barely related, but psyops made me think of it: did you ever read Tree of Smoke?

yea i absolutely love denis johnson, one of my all time favs

though i think his short stories and novellas are stronger than his longer fiction

I read a review of Robert Stone's catalog recently and he gave off some Johnson vibes

I'm hoping to check him out soon

I miss perusing used bookstores

thanks guys

this is why you don't read, bro. video games are the way

Last edited:
shouts out to that cashier that runs up asparagus as celery though

may all your bell peppers be rung up as green -- go in peace

when i worked at a grocery store, if you were nice i would certainly do things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back