• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of nailing a pitch... Kukowt... can you make this my avatar?

giphy.gif

i gotchu

What mistakes/regrets around rec sports do you have in your life?

I think about this more than is probably healthy for a man in his 30's, but senior year of high school in the league tournament, I lost to someone I beat during the season, all because I did a stupid and lazy move. Ended up getting 3rd, when that probably was my best shot to win the league.

New England finals a couple weeks later, I did the same stupid and lazy move and got pinned early in the tournament. My coach and I both argued that my shoulders didn't touch, but the ref was not having it. That was really tough, because at the time I thought it was going to be my last competitive match ever. I actually broke down in the car on the ride home with how angry I was at my self.

Senior year was really my only chance to get ranked nationally, because Junior year I wrestled up at 215 lb, our captain was at 189 and I ended up almost passing out the week I tried to get to 170 lb. (Thankfully now they have changed the weight classes to be 170, 182, 195 and 220).

If you invented a time machine, you would be the richest man on the planet. - Mike Winchell, Friday Night Lights

Some days, you just don't wanna face reality of letting down clients. Today is one of those days. Do I just turn my phone off and get drunk?

The baby decided he was gonna be fully awake after he ate at 3 AM, so I was up for an hour then, and my wife had an early meeting so it was back up and at em at 6:30. Zombie morning this morning. Not enough coffee in the world.

The baby decided he was gonna be fully awake after he ate at 3 AM, so I was up for an hour then, and my wife had an early meeting so it was back up and at em at 6:30. Zombie morning this morning. Not enough coffee in the world.

I feel your pain, brolesterol. The 2yo woke up at around 2 yelling that she was hungry, and sat on the couch eating white bread for about 45 minutes. She's a weird kid.

The commonality of the experience of parenthood is fascinating.

My biggest high school regret is playing 4 years of high school baseball when I could’ve played golf at Jefferson Landing 5 days a week for 3 months a year for free.

that's rough. jefferson landing is the tits.

My son has been a real jerk to me the last couple of weeks.

Probably because I’m the one that puts him in time out.

I came out of the office the other day when he was having a meltdown and he just started screaming “DADA BACK TO OFFICE. DADA BACK TO OFFICE” over and over agin.

I got my first pineapple of the season a couple days ago & it is so good. 10/10.

How many of y’all wear glasses? Are y’all as anal as I am when it comes to keeping them clean? Hate even having the tiniest of smudges. I’ve seen friends glasses and it baffles me how they can see with how dirty they are.

Had a great parenting moment the other night when I told my 4 year old to leave his sadness and tears upstairs and to come downstairs to eat dinner.

Had a great parenting moment the other night when I told my 4 year old to leave his sadness and tears upstairs and to come downstairs to eat dinner.

I tell the 5yo I'm shipping her off to military school with the Finklestein kid about twice a week.

Community meeting reports for proposed rezonings are always interesting.

This dude who works at the hotel next door to the site proposed for another hotel does not like the idea of another hotel and would prefer a restaurant, specifically Outback Steakhouse.

· An attendee who works at the adjacent hotel stated that there are already three hotels in the immediate area now and a fourth hotel has been approved. This would be the fifth hotel. He is concerned about adding another hotel to this area. David Stewart stated that he understands the concern.

· The attendee who works at the adjacent hotel stated that hotel occupancy is declining in the City and this hotel would not help matters. The attendee also stated that the new Fairfield
hotel and Residence Inn have made it worse. He stated that he would be surprised if someone would make the investment to build a hotel on this site.

· The attendee who works at the adjacent hotel stated that none of the hotels in the immediate area have a restaurant. He stated that there is not a good restaurant in this area and that one is needed. He would like to see an Outback Steakhouse Restaurant on this site. He is surprised that Outback would not want to locate on this site. David Stewart stated that he has pursued a restaurant for this location but he has not received any interest from a restaurant. The attendee stated that David Stewart should check with Outback again and that he would prefer a restaurant on this site. The attendee noted that the apartments and homes in the area that could support a restaurant on this site.

· An attendee stated that traffic is always a concern in this area. However, the proposed hotel use would generate less traffic then the currently approved conditional rezoning plan. John Carmichael stated that according to CDOT, the currently approved conditional rezoning plan if developed would generate 1,390 daily vehicular trips, and the proposed hotel use would generate 790 daily vehicular trips.

· The attendee who works at the adjacent hotel reiterated his concern about lack of restaurants in the area and adding another hotel in the immediate area. He stated that it is not healthy to have too many hotels.

Target near me has XBox Series S in stock. Might pick one up but the wife would be pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back