• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will entertain other opinions. Pray, proceed.

read the first few pages of the Black Jacobins. the French kept detailed records of how they treated those taken out of Africa.

Whenever I rewatch the Pacific, I always think how much worse that would be than to be stationed in Europe during WW2.

indeed, but the comparison you'd want is a Japanese soldier stuck defending the islands. Basically no food, no medical supplies, and no hope.

Let's see, in no order

Belgian congo native
US slave
Concentration Camp resident
Leningrad siege resident
Stalingrad battle participant, again especially the surrounded Germans.
French soldier retreating from Moscow
Japanese marines stuck in the pacific/us marines at tarawa
common deckhand on a sailing vessel for most of the age of sail
Chinese under Japanese domination in 30s/40s
female and child laborers in the western industrial era, late 18th-early 20th centuries
coal miners

"concentration camp resident" sounds weird to me

indeed, but the comparison you'd want is a Japanese soldier stuck defending the islands. Basically no food, no medical supplies, and no hope.

Let's see, in no order

Belgian congo native
US slave
Concentration Camp resident
Leningrad siege resident
Stalingrad battle participant, again especially the surrounded Germans.
French soldier retreating from Moscow
Japanese marines stuck in the pacific/us marines at tarawa
common deckhand on a sailing vessel for most of the age of sail
Chinese under Japanese domination in 30s/40s
female and child laborers in the western industrial era, late 18th-early 20th centuries
coal miners

Kiev (or lots of other places) under siege by the Mongols. I can't find this anywhere on the Internet, so possible fake news report, but I remember reading how after the Mongols took Kiev, they nailed prisoners into benches and then sat on them as they ate a feast and let the prisoners suffocate.

Kiev (or lots of other places) under siege by the Mongols. I can't find this anywhere on the Internet, so possible fake news report, but I remember reading how after the Mongols took Kiev, they nailed prisoners into benches and then sat on them as they ate a feast and let the prisoners suffocate.

yeah, i almost put "any city put to the sword by the mongols"

So, has everyone been working on being less white? Also, I hope you guys throw away ALL of your Dr. Seuss books tonight if you are racist enough to even have any in the first place.

Concentration camp def seems pretty high up there.

There was a global famine sometime in the 6th? 5th? Century from a couple volcanic eruptions that sounds pretty shitty to me.

Black plague era?

I just learned about this for the first time recently reading an article on climate change. Fucking wild.

Can I interest you in the Siege of Leningrad for three staright winters ?

That one with Jude Law and Ed Harris? Yeah, I saw it, still not as good as the Pacific.

Yes, Holocaust prisoner is probably the worst, I thought we were limiting it to military combatants.

mako i'm not super enjoying The Green Mile

maybe it's because it was originally a serial novel and it wasn't intended to be read all at once, but it's very slow and some of the plot lines are annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back