• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to chime in and agree that Weather Underground is the best

Also, I just taught about the Zimmerman Telegram and the entry to WWI. Which always reminds me that the German Empire was low key dumb as shit. Arthur Zimmerman hopefully committed harai karai for this stupidity.

Just want to chime in and agree that Weather Underground is the best

Also, I just taught about the Zimmerman Telegram and the entry to WWI. Which always reminds me that the German Empire was low key dumb as shit. Arthur Zimmerman hopefully committed harai karai for this stupidity.

I'm teaching All Quiet right now. WW1 Western Front, hands down the worst place to be stuck in in all of history, I think.

There was a global famine sometime in the 6th? 5th? Century from a couple volcanic eruptions that sounds pretty shitty to me.

Black plague era?

hard to say i guess; a surprising number of POC fought for the allies on the western front. But yeah, I think enduring the western front especially in the late '16 through mid '17 stretch is probably one of the worst places to be in history. Depth of stagnation, Old Guard military leadership still relying on heavy bombardment plus frontal assaults. Dwindling supplies, especially for the Germans. Living in permanently wet mud amongst the bodies of your friends.

The Roman soldiers stuck the cordon during the long afternoon of its destruction at the hands of Hannibal at Cannae might be up there. Just standing around in the middle of a pack of sweaty men, waiting to get slaughtered.

There was a global famine sometime in the 6th? 5th? Century from a couple volcanic eruptions that sounds pretty shitty to me.

Black plague era?

the plague 'era' was several cycles of plague over centuries in different parts of the world; hard to equate that with fairly specific times/locations. it was "bad" but not stuck in a trench on western front bad.

hard to say i guess; a surprising number of POC fought for the allies on the western front. But yeah, I think enduring the western front especially in the late '16 through mid '17 stretch is probably one of the worst places to be in history. Depth of stagnation, Old Guard military leadership still relying on heavy bombardment plus frontal assaults. Dwindling supplies, especially for the Germans. Living in permanently wet mud amongst the bodies of your friends.

The Roman soldiers stuck the cordon during the long afternoon of its destruction at the hands of Hannibal at Cannae might be up there. Just standing around in the middle of a pack of sweaty men, waiting to get slaughtered.

Not to mention all those elephants.

I'm teaching All Quiet right now. WW1 Western Front, hands down the worst place to be stuck in in all of history, I think.

Whenever I rewatch the Pacific, I always think how much worse that would be than to be stationed in Europe during WW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back