• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2024.2: Windy opines on exes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow a ski resort page on instagram and they posted that they were going to close today for safety because the temps were -15 and the wind was gusting to 40 mph and someone in the comments was like “lol imagine closing a ski resort because it’s too cold in the winter”
PowMow?

Speaking of concerts I need some more cool shows to be announced. I’ve got tix to 3 nights of Billy Strings next month but I need some outdoor summer shows to give me something to look forward to.

I saw North Mississippi Allstars last night - they are always pretty good. Opener was Bag Men which is Luther, Steve Goreman (Black Crowes) and Nick Gorvik on bass. Fun first show of the year.

Also picked up a single for Billy’s shows in Denver in May. N2 of that run conflicts with my youngest birthday, but also IDLES is that night and they are amazing live!

I can get 95% of what’s at the library on my iPhone. I didn’t realize how many luddites we had on this board.
5%= you don’t want to pee on your iPhone

I'm too goddamn ADD to stay off my phone to read. I used to try and do it on planes and at pools/beaches. but now that I have a young child ain't no relaxing with a book on the beach going on.
This is a ten year issue. After your kids are ten or so you get this back. Don’t despair.

Serious question though...

Is 2022 Lowes Foods Tailgater of the Year a resume worthy accomplishment?
I'm the dork that has an 'other skills and accomplishments' section on my resume because, quite frankly, if someone doesn't want to know that side of me/think it's important, I don't want to work for them. So yeah, I'd absolutely put it on my resume and hope they ask about it.

Oh definitely read ACOTAR, you’ll love it.

Fourth wing is just the school from Harry Potter mixed with the Dragons from GOT, bloody brilliant to throw those two things together.
Fourth Wing is way more brutal than Harry Potter school and you know it! The dragons are also decidedly cooler than the Targaryen simps in GOT. Also I find it pretty cool that that the author works in lots of differently abled and LGBTQ representation without making it a big deal, among other things. The main character has to overcome a lot but doesn't undergo some magical transformation or suddenly get stronger (ACOTR!) and has to work at leaning into her strengths and working around her weaknesses to survive and thrive.

Fourth Wing is way more brutal than Harry Potter school and you know it! The dragons are also decidedly cooler than the Targaryen simps in GOT. Also I find it pretty cool that that the author works in lots of differently abled and LGBTQ representation without making it a big deal, among other things. The main character has to overcome a lot but doesn't undergo some magical transformation or suddenly get stronger (ACOTR!) and has to work at leaning into her strengths and working around her weaknesses to survive and thrive.
Agreed on appreciating the nonchalant inclusion of the series. After growing up with the whole "she took off her glasses and then she was hot" trope, it's nice to legit feel like things are shifting. Same with LGBTQ representation. The whole joke about, "a man and his son were in an accident and went to different hospitals... the son needed surgery and the doctor said, "I can't work on him, he is my son." Who was the doctor?" Like, that's not even a hard question for kids anymore. Both stepkids were like, "it's his mom" and even 4yr old said "or his other dad!" (she's got a friend in class with two dads). Love to see it.

I saw North Mississippi Allstars last night - they are always pretty good. Opener was Bag Men which is Luther, Steve Goreman (Black Crowes) and Nick Gorvik on bass. Fun first show of the year.

Also picked up a single for Billy’s shows in Denver in May. N2 of that run conflicts with my youngest birthday, but also IDLES is that night and they are amazing live!
Nice. NMAS are playing our brewery in March so I’ll prob go. George Porter Jr. played last night but I didn’t go since wife had been home with a sick kid all day. And I was outta town when Spafford was there last year but I woulda gone.

Agreed on appreciating the nonchalant inclusion of the series. After growing up with the whole "she took off her glasses and then she was hot" trope, it's nice to legit feel like things are shifting. Same with LGBTQ representation. The whole joke about, "a man and his son were in an accident and went to different hospitals... the son needed surgery and the doctor said, "I can't work on him, he is my son." Who was the doctor?" Like, that's not even a hard question for kids anymore. Both stepkids were like, "it's his mom" and even 4yr old said "or his other dad!" (she's got a friend in class with two dads). Love to see it.
That is awesome!

I didn't even realize there was a non-binary character until I reread Fourth Wing (the 4 week wait for Iron Flame was a tough one) and noticed the subtle they/them usage for that character and that character alone.

Two unrelated things:
1. Chili crunch is DELICIOUS.
2. Anyone else do consulting or other single-entity LLC work? Can you confirm that Schedule C tax forms are easy?

Two unrelated things:
1. Chili crunch is DELICIOUS.
2. Anyone else do consulting or other single-entity LLC work? Can you confirm that Schedule C tax forms are easy?
If you're more than comfortable doing your own personal taxes, it shouldn't be all that bad. Also WELCOME BACK, super cute family y'all have built.

If you're more than comfortable doing your own personal taxes, it shouldn't be all that bad. Also WELCOME BACK, super cute family y'all have built.
Hi, and thanks!
Yeah, I've always done my own and figured it would be fine but don't want to be setting myself up for headache and heartache.

Agree - it’s not hard. Just track ALL your expenses. Even stuff you’d never think of. Parking, cell phone, any books or gifts you buy, subscriptions to newspapers or so on

Agree - it’s not hard. Just track ALL your expenses. Even stuff you’d never think of. Parking, cell phone, any books or gifts you buy, subscriptions to newspapers or so on
computer, insurance, microsoft software suite. thankfully there haven't been many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back