• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a shitty bike thing happen to me yesterday. got out of work, and decided to put a lil air in my tires because they seemed low taht morning. hooked up the hand-pump to one, and it broke off the spot for the air. i had to change the tube, and i could not get the hand pump to fill the tire. i ended up walking it to a bike store to fill it up there. so annoying.

That exact same thing happened to me last week...on my other, other bike. Popped the tube. I figured I could put at least 70cc's of air into old-ass tubes, but apparently going over 60 is a risk.

So, question to you teacher people: is it the case that some private school teachers make less than their public school counterparts? Specifically, catholic schools? I've met a couple teachers at these schools and they say they make way less. I'm incredulous.

i'm not a teacher, but this is most definitely true. there is sooooo much politicking that goes into teacher salaries, tenure, etc. also, unions are a powerful thing.

Craziness. I understand why public school teacher salaries are so large in some areas, but I can't understand why a private school requiring tuition from its students can't afford to match or best the salaries of those public school teachers. I'd expect the parents of those private school kids to raise hell.

Craziness. I understand why public school teacher salaries are so large in some areas, but I can't understand why a private school requiring tuition from its students can't afford to match or best the salaries of those public school teachers. I'd expect the parents of those private school kids to raise hell.

lol, why, so their tuition can go up?
private schools have a huge leg up on public schools in terms of hiring good teachers, because teachers recognize they'll deal with 1/2 the bureaucracy and even less of the 'bad kids' that come with public schools.

private schools have a huge leg up on public schools in terms of hiring good teachers, because teachers recognize they'll deal with 1/2 the bureaucracy and even less of the 'bad kids' that come with public schools.

This. It's a trade off.

Also, private schools don't necessarily require teaching licenses. There is a lot more flexibility when you're not o. The federal teat.

Added some Halloween music to my running playlist for October. Running through a dark, empty neighborhood with Ave Satani from The Omen playing in my ear nearly made me shit my pants. Could have been the Mexican food I had for dinner though, maybe both.

So, I managed my days off so that I can take one day off every other week. That still leaves me with 1) a week at Christmas, 2)two days around Thanksgiving, 3) 5 days to carry over for next year, and 4) 3 days unaccounted for that I lose if I don't take them. I hope someone will get all of my work done for me.

I don't understand the appeal of maya rudolph

humor or attractiveness?

So, I managed my days off so that I can take one day off every other week. That still leaves me with 1) a week at Christmas, 2)two days around Thanksgiving, 3) 5 days to carry over for next year, and 4) 3 days unaccounted for that I lose if I don't take them. I hope someone will get all of my work done for me.

Take a day here or there during the week for those other three. They're the best

The only downer is that I have to be up at 6:30 to take the kid to school, so I can't sleep in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back