• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got about two more weeks where that will work. Golf season ends early up here in the sub-Arctic.

So, question to you teacher people: is it the case that some private school teachers make less than their public school counterparts? Specifically, catholic schools? I've met a couple teachers at these schools and they say they make way less. I'm incredulous.

Absolutely, but like others have said, they get to deal with easier/better kids and a generally much more forgiving atmosphere.

Depends on the school...

My brother went to a private school and it was basically all of the rich kids that got caught with drugs at public school. The parents were much much more involved.

I got a spider/something bite right on my elbow while I was sleeping. Swelled up the size of a golf ball.

So, question to you teacher people: is it the case that some private school teachers make less than their public school counterparts? Specifically, catholic schools? I've met a couple teachers at these schools and they say they make way less. I'm incredulous.

My understanding is that the teachers at CHS made less than public school teachers did (not sure if comparison was to Buffalo schools or mega-wealthy suburban districts), but the work environment and difference in respect given to them seemed to make up for it.

Yes. Teachers at private schools often make less than public school teachers. It is true. It is a fact. It is also a generalization that may not hold true in every circumstance, so be careful with this nugget of information.

Just found out that im going to see the woman in two weeks in Nashville. We got tickets to see Grace Potter in the Ryman Saturday night. The only problem is that I literally know one song. Anyone know some of her good songs that I should get acquainted with?

just got a text from a (female) friend, it was from her. duhhh of course I don't have an admirer. Ryan Gosling himself leaving it would be more likely.

If I had a crush on a babe I wouldn't leave her a mug of a dude who was most assuredly more attractive than myself, seems like you are setting her up for disappointment. Unless your bish of course.

Yes. Teachers at private schools often make less than public school teachers. It is true. It is a fact. It is also a generalization that may not hold true in every circumstance, so be careful with this nugget of information.

I always hated working for really rich parents because they treated you like the help. I feel like at private school that would be even moreso, I pay such and such you need to do this blah blah blah, I don't work for you I work for the school. Maybe it's cause I worked with younger kids and would have to go into their homes but sometimes I would go into these people's houses to work with their child and they'd be like okay I'm gonna go to the store I'll be back in a little bit, and I'd have to tell them that I'm not a babysitter and that the point of these visits is also to teach THEM how to work with their children. They'd be pretty salllty after that.

im_bored_entertain_me_now_tshirt-p235409131346711688ca2c_400.jpg

Just found out that im going to see the woman in two weeks in Nashville. We got tickets to see Grace Potter in the Ryman Saturday night. The only problem is that I literally know one song. Anyone know some of her good songs that I should get acquainted with?

Manifest is locked down?! #mayans

Running the Salem Lake 30K tomorrow so I probably won't be out there until right before kickoff.

Puttersdeac is getting into town late tonight, so we're aiming for a 9:30-10 arrival methinks.

Pit, still sick. This is the longest I've ever been out of work for illness. Doctor assures me I'm not dying. Can I trust him? I'm not so sure. Pray for Mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back