• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Congrats. I find out tomorrow if I got my sweet 2 or 3 % cost of living adjustment.

Good luck. Budget freeze meant I didn't get the 3.8% the union people did. Lame.

Good luck. Budget freeze meant I didn't get the 3.8% the union people did. Lame.

i know the feeling. due to budget freezes my wife (teacher) is getting paid the same thing as a 2nd year teacher...and she's in her 7th year.

We only get a legit raise if we change our job title. Merit raises are non-existent in a university medical school setting. We can get anywhere from a 0-5% cost of living adjustment each year, but the department has to balance out at 3%, so we typically each get 3%. Its awesome, and typically below inflation.

Yeah, we didn't get merit raises either- salaries are frozen- but the 3.8 was COLA, non-reps didn't get it this year. Joy of joys in the public sector.

Yeah, we didn't get merit raises either- salaries are frozen- but the 3.8 was COLA, non-reps didn't get it this year. Joy of joys in the public sector.

shoulda joined the union, SCAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's annoying because aside from me and my coworker, there are only a handful of other non reps in the bureau... But they all make about twice as much as me. I'm not unfairly compensated at all, but 3.8 would have been nice.

It's annoying because aside from me and my coworker, there are only a handful of other non reps in the bureau... But they all make about twice as much as me. I'm not unfairly compensated at all, but 3.8 would have been nice.

lbe=
hailmar2_medium.gif

hey send thoughts or whatever if you've got them. my pops is having heart surgery. he had palpitations and went to a hospital in shanghai, transferred to hong kong. leaving in a few minutes to get out there. don't know much more than that, but thought you guys should know. hopefully everything will be okay.

soooooooooo, since it seems the ladies of the manhaters thread don't want me soiling their sanctuary, can we get some fall fashion talk for the menfolk here?

i think i'mm gonna sack up and buy some black denim. i really like black denim with brown boots.

should i get a jean jacket for the fall? i kinda want one... that or like a red flannel hunting jacket. gawd i wish i could spend a few grand on clothes.

Positive thoughts his way and yours, slothrop.

hey send thoughts or whatever if you've got them. my pops is having heart surgery. he had palpitations and went to a hospital in shanghai, transferred to hong kong. leaving in a few minutes to get out there. don't know much more than that, but thought you guys should know. hopefully everything will be okay.

Thoughts are with you and your family. I really hope he's okay and I'm glad you're able to go be with him.

My prayers to you and him and yours that all turns out for the best.

soooooooooo, since it seems the ladies of the manhaters thread don't want me soiling their sanctuary, can we get some fall fashion talk for the menfolk here?

i think i'mm gonna sack up and buy some black denim. i really like black denim with brown boots.

should i get a jean jacket for the fall? i kinda want one... that or like a red flannel hunting jacket. gawd i wish i could spend a few grand on clothes.

I am pretty sure they said they would prefer you talk about it over there because they hate the chat thread.

deacphan, I don't know about the jean jacket. It just looks so 80s to me. Of course, if you like it, that is what is important. I'm sure it will go in and out of style like 5 times in the next 10 years so its probably not a bad investment if you think that is good style for you. Red hunting jacket sounds promising.

Jean jackets are in this fall. I read it in a magazine. I do not have a jean jacket and will not be buying one.

i feel like if i got it, i'd have to add some sick patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back