• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Oh, is that how he’s cooking the steaks?”

Yes. That’s how I’m cooking the steaks that you demanded we have and left for me to make after I worked all week while you slept until 12:30 today.

Reverse seared in a cast iron relying on the maillard effect. No, I’m not grilling them because it’s storming outside.

i'm smoking a pork butt starting at 10pm; tomorrow will make slaw while mrs diggler makes peach cobbler and some other veg.

i'm smoking a pork butt starting at 10pm; tomorrow will make slaw while mrs diggler makes peach cobbler and some other veg.

Sounds awesome. We are having our baby girls first birthday party.

This time around we are just getting Publix to take care of all the food.

Gmail is the worst. I have to check Gmail on my phone to check Gmail on my computer. Ridiculous. It’s security theater.

Lol, 2FA on your email account is absolutely not security theater. If you are going to have it anywhere, that is the one place I'd always highly recommend. A good 90% of my non-work accounts would probably let me reset my password no questions asked if an attacker had access to my email.

A good 2FA policy should let you remember a device/browser for up to 7-30 days IMO, so at least it's not an inconvenience on your main PC (or at least you're only compromised if you lose physical access).

CT 757: OVERNIGHT

Concession stand pretzels are usually terrible IMO. Very often they are dry, stale, and flavorless white bread and only valuable to eat nacho cheese with. Now the more rare soft yeasty concession pretzels, similar to Auntie Anne’s pretzels, those are delicious.

Last edited:
After tomorrow, 4 saturdays remain between us and college football. Lfg.

CT 757: OVERNIGHT

…..

Lol, 2FA on your email account is absolutely not security theater. If you are going to have it anywhere, that is the one place I'd always highly recommend. A good 90% of my non-work accounts would probably let me reset my password no questions asked if an attacker had access to my email.

A good 2FA policy should let you remember a device/browser for up to 7-30 days IMO, so at least it's not an inconvenience on your main PC (or at least you're only compromised if you lose physical access).

Yes, but 2-factor every time you log in to your email?

August has the start of the Premier League/European soccer but otherwise a sports desert

No wonder the continent of Europe takes it off work

And forcing me to check my email twice just to check it once.

It sounds like your 2FA is set up to email yourself? Yeah that doesn't make a lot of sense. Is it two separate email addresses?

Usually 2FA is a text (less secure because of SIM swap attacks) or an application with codes that refresh on a regular interval (recommended).

12:00 Guerilla Tacos
1:00 Angel City Brewery & Cornhole
2:30 Arts District Brewery & Skee Ball
4:00 Boomtown Brewery & Darts
5:30 Fathers Office - Burger & Pliny
6:30 82 bar barcade
9:30 Sushi & Truffles for desert

Digging this up because I forgot to comment at the time

Surprised you’d entertain the idea of a cornhole rematch after your tailgate fiasco

Yes, but 2-factor every time you log in to your email?

As I said, a good policy should have the ability to remember a device for a reasonable amount of time. Gmail has that ability AFAIK. Sounds like the DUO thing y'all are talking about does too, but it's up to institutions to make the call on whether or not they allow it.

If it's an app that allows access to highly confidential information I could see being a little more careful... particularly if they don't have the tools to remote logout or wipe work laptops and phones in the event physical access is compromised.

It sounds like your 2FA is set up to email yourself? Yeah that doesn't make a lot of sense. Is it two separate email addresses?

Usually 2FA is a text (less secure because of SIM swap attacks) or an application with codes that refresh on a regular interval (recommended).

No. When I go into my Gmail account on my computer, I have to authenticate by opening Gmail on my phone. I get this:

[h=1]2-Step Verification[/h]To help keep your account safe, Google wants to make sure it’s really you trying to sign in
[FONT=&quot]

[my email address]
[/FONT]

gmail_ios_authzen.gif

[h=2]Open the Gmail app on [name of phone][/h]
Google sent a notification to your [name of phone]. Open the Gmail app and tap Yes on the prompt to verify it’s you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back