• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom used to give me the Krimpets for lunch every day when I was in school. Just ordered them from amazon for the first time in at least a decade. Still hit the spot.

They changed the recipe I’m pretty sure

OG krimpets are the GOAT

Every shithole has its day.

my boss sent me a second nastygram email complaining about a bill for something he ordered personally that I made him pay the company back personally instead of running it through. Do I respond now with half a bottle of wine in me or do I wait until the morning?

since only a half a bottle in, I decided to go for it. Said he was missing forests for trees.

Lemme explain in a bit more detail, and accountants like Diggler can understand.

Ordinarily our CPA's would do tax projections for our 2 owners, and tell em what to pay each quarter as estimates. They'd spend about 50 hours per year doing so and charge us $20k per year. And the bosses paid those hourly bills every time as a company expense. A few years ago I said, hey, I can do that and save y'all $20k/yr. But if something comes up outside of what I see, then we'd have to use the accountants again.

One of the bosses wife sold a business, the accountants had to figure out her tax basis in it, and sent me a bill for $4k which I paid and put in for personal reimbursement. I approved it cause I was on the call where he asked for it. Now at this point we're 3 years in and I've saved em $60k, but this is the first time he's specifically seeing a bill for it, and he's not pleased.

Last edited:
Let him know that paying the bill is cheaper than paying me when the IRS audits the company and accuses him of using it as a personal piggy bank.

In the battle between perception and reality/truth…well, good luck.

If it’s an s corp tell him he’ll blow a corp status if he doesn’t reimburse.

I have to poop in the lobby on vacation as I’m not allowed to poop in the condo.

Shopping for a new dishwasher today at lunch. Very excited. Hoping to run the whole thing through an LLC to avoid huge tax implications.

Pulling out the Black Scholes model and considering capital leasing. Several banks and a major PE firm are competing for my business.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-dishwasher/

Bosch dishwashers clean better than those of any other brand we tested, and they run quieter than most, too. They have some of the most capacious and versatile racks, and they seem to be just as reliable and long-lasting (maybe more so) as other machines of comparable price. A Bosch offers almost everything you could ask for in a dishwasher—without being particularly expensive.

Dropping my work stuff off at the office then getting a haircut, followed by going away lunch with my team and then probably hit the pool in the afternoon.

The keurig has an ice coffee button, but whenever you make ice coffee on it, you just get less warm coffee, which is still hot enough to melt your ice, so in the end you're getting watery coffee. Terrible option to have on the machine.

Dropping my work stuff off at the office then getting a haircut, followed by going away lunch with my team and then probably hit the pool in the afternoon.

The keurig has an ice coffee button, but whenever you make ice coffee on it, you just get less warm coffee, which is still hot enough to melt your ice, so in the end you're getting watery coffee. Terrible option to have on the machine.

we just got a new machine that supposedly has a better heat exchanger for iced coffee. the old one did the same as you say. need to go test out in a bit.

For iced coffee, replace a portion of the water you’d use with ice in whatever you brew in to. I do 30g coffee, ~150g ice, ~300g water

I ordered a new induction range in January, initially supposed to be delivered in March, then May, and now just got word that estimated shipping is March 2023. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back