• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but my sister is 9 years older than I am. We are closer now than we ever were as kids, when I'm pretty sure I was a really annoying little brother.

yo juice, did you cancel then renew The Athletic? just got an email from them my renewal is up in about a month. so I put a reminder in my phone to cancel the day before. are the cheap 10 buck subscriptions still out there?

my situation:

- I had a credit card on file that had been canceled at some point after I last paid

- the payment failed and my subscription expired August 9 -- there is a banner that says "please update payment or risk losing access"

- I get targeted social media ads for $1.50/mo rejoin

- I continue to have access to all articles, so I have not yet rejoined

CT 757: Home Alone

I’ve always had a great relationship with my sister.

I think the point is that "eastern NC" doesn't mean the geographic eastern half of the state - it is a specific region of the state that is understood to start somewhere east of Raleigh and end before the coast.

Everybody in NC used to learn in school that the state has three regions, Mountains, Piedmont, and Coastal Plains. Raleigh is in the Piedmont. Eastern NC is in the Coastal Plains.

I think the piedmont region was made up specifically to avoid the eastern NC association.

Raleigh just doesn't want to get lumped in with Rocky Mount, Wilson, and Greenville.

maybe they shouldn't have put their city in the same half of the state as them then

How many people have good relationships with their siblings?

It's a work in progress. My sister is 6 years younger so we've always been in different life stages. We live about an hour apart now and that has certainly helped improve the relationship.

They're clinging to Cary and Durham at this point. Sad really.

my situation:

- I had a credit card on file that had been canceled at some point after I last paid

- the payment failed and my subscription expired August 9 -- there is a banner that says "please update payment or risk losing access"

- I get targeted social media ads for $1.50/mo rejoin

- I continue to have access to all articles, so I have not yet rejoined

Yeah my card had expired and I never updated it. They kept emailing threatening my subscription would be canceled, and then finally they did. That's when I acted on one of those $9.99/year rates, and now for the past year I have this red banner at the top that says

Payment Failed: Please update your payment details to avoid losing access to The Athletic »

That's good that most of you have solid relationships, though I guess that is a subjective term. Me not so much. I think I blame part of it on my parents pitting us against each other growing up, so now we are constantly looking to put the each other down, or maybe we are just too competitive. I also think my sister in law has made things more difficult, and my brother refuses to acknowledge that. We did have a better relationship for a bit after my dad's death, but that was over a year ago so the sniping has started to come back.

My littlest sister is the total opposite though, because she was 15 years younger than me so she pretty much just goes with the follow. She is an arts major in college, but will probably get a finance job due to my other sister's influence.

Anywho, family is strange brother, but it makes us who we are.

both of my sisters in law sided with my ex-wife when we got divorced 11 years ago, and we have never recovered. My brothers and I can manage when we're alone but i don't like their wives and they don't like mine....so it's pretty fractured.

map-of-north-carolina.jpg

this one clearly shows raleigh is eastern

i mean it's not even close really - you can be in the ocean in Washington 90 minutes after leaving raleigh.

TIL hickory, that bumfuck town that thinks it's a place, isn't even the county seat of catawba county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back