• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
map-of-north-carolina.jpg

this one clearly shows raleigh is eastern

NC has a lot of towns that share the same/similar names to counties that are not in said counties:

Cleveland
Jacksonville & Jackson
Franklin
Asheboro & Asheville
Columbus
Pittsboro
Yanceyville
Henderson
Davidson
Rockingham

My brother is my best friend. My sister has had some pretty severe mental illness and addiction issues and wasn’t really part of the family for a long stretch, but has gotten some help in the last few years and has gotten her life back on track so we’re working on becoming closer.

both of my sisters in law sided with my ex-wife when we got divorced 11 years ago, and we have never recovered. My brothers and I can manage when we're alone but i don't like their wives and they don't like mine....so it's pretty fractured.

bruh, you are the common denominator here in spousal distaste

my wife has had a real rollercoaster relationship with her brother (about 7 years younger than her). he's had addiction issues, but they've been close due to shared issues with their mother. right now they're not speaking because he thinks my wife ratted out to her parents that he was working in a CBD shop (he had said he was working at a gas station). when really it was her dad who had told her mom.

i mean it's not even close really - you can be in the ocean in Washington 90 minutes after leaving raleigh.

Washington is not on the ocean.

a river is not an ocean. a sound is not an ocean.

WORDS HAVE MEANING DIGGLER

Any of you good baptists ever go to Caswell as a kid?

I am close with my sister, we fought a lot as kids, normal stuff, but around the end of my time in college and thereafter we hung out a lot and ever since we’ve been tight. She watches my kid now when I want to party, we vacation together, etc.

I don't think I've ever been to Little Washington despite growing up less than an hour away.

went probably five or ten times on church retreats

second only to Camp Willow Run

did the Vineyard for summer camp

Man, there’s a good chance that lifeguard Mako yelled at a young juice in the pool or ocean

I don't think I've ever been to Little Washington despite growing up less than an hour away.

I’ve not been since I lived in Greenville. But I’m told it’s gotten pretty nice. Can’t confirm.

I've never been close with my brother. We fought a lot as kids (about 4 years apart) and while we stopped fighting when I went off to college, we don't really communicate all that much. We usually see each other once per year whenever I visit my parents, but we didn't see him this year because he and his wife were busy with vacation bible school at their church. We have a similar sense of humor, so we get along well when we are around each other as long as he keeps some of his viewpoints to himself. I'm only slightly closer with my parents. I talk with them every few weeks, but I do not view the world through the lens of evangelical morality, which puts me at odds with them and nearly everyone I'm related to.

Since U.S. Geological Survey puts the geographical center of North Carolina as Gulf, NC he technically wins, anything east of that is eastern North Carolina, since words have meaning.

i'm really close with one of my brothers, on good terms but infrequent chatting with the other. my two brothers don't really have a relationship with each other.

very complicated relationship with my mom. my dad and i are fine but i do have some unresolved issues there. for as long as i can remember i was always jealous of other families that just seemed to get along, vacation together, things like that. the ladyfriend comes from one of those families to the extreme and i still get a little triggered hearing about all the fun stuff they did together and just seeing it all in action.

to the extent that i can i'm trying to make sure my kids form a bond that will survive beyond living in the same house. they are incredibly close and i feel like the foundation is there. but life shit happens sometimes so there are no guarantees.

How many people have good relationships with their siblings?

My relationship with my sister is fine. It's not stressful. I would not say it's a "good relationship." We text a lot, but only talk every couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back