• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not been since I lived in Greenville. But I’m told it’s gotten pretty nice. Can’t confirm.
It has gotten pretty nice. A lot of revitalization along the river front. A few good restaurants, a distillery, and a brewery just opened.

If you see 1000 piers coastal Carolina gin on the abc shelves I recommend it.

https://www.1000piersgin.com/1000piersgin

Since U.S. Geological Survey puts the geographical center of North Carolina as Gulf, NC he technically wins, anything east of that is eastern North Carolina, since words have meaning.

US Geological Survey are a bunch lazy, government, deep state, tax payer sucking bureaucrats, and they don't know shit about shit. Look at the percent of land mass and you see that since NC gets wider and you move east, Raleigh is clearly in the west as a percentile.

Well, sports fans, “Where My Pitches At” managed to win our first game in a rout but we only had 8.5 players so we combined with the team we just beat to take on the undefeated “Oakledgends”. Thankfully we lost on a walk-off double so I am able to come home and mow the grass.

That was the name of our work softball team. We have not reunited since Covid.

Our flag football team was “Show Me Your TDs.” These were all named by women in HR. Anyway, everyone did show us their TDs. That was the least competitive sports team I was on in my entire life.

CT 757: Home Alone

Since U.S. Geological Survey puts the geographical center of North Carolina as Gulf, NC he technically wins, anything east of that is eastern North Carolina, since words have meaning.

To my understanding the “piedmont” is just the gently sloped portion of the state, so West to East location has no bearing on the Piedmont geographic designation.

Topographically moving West to East:
Western NC - Foothills - Piedmont - Eastern
With the Sandhills being South-East of Raleigh.

Last edited:
To my understanding the “piedmont” is just the gently sloped portion of the state, so West to East location has no bearing on the Piedmont geographic designation.

Topographically moving West to East:
Western NC - Foothills - Piedmont - Eastern
With the Sandhills being South-East of Raleigh.

Hmm, since "piedmont" literally means "foothill" in Italian, it seems weird to distinguish those as two different regions. And it's not "gently sloped" as much as rolling hills. If you wanted to be precise you'd call this region "Appalachian piedmont".

I think I was also taught three regions: mountains, piedmont, coast. Reductive but that's how we learn stuff.

I'm not sure I have a full grasp of the ramifications of Raleigh being labeled Eastern NC or not

We joined Costco since there’s now two of us out here. Tell me what to buy and what to avoid.

We went yesterday (a mistake) and got some basics. They did have a 16 pack of less sugar Chobani Greek yogurt for $9 which is a steal

Hmm, since "piedmont" literally means "foothill" in Italian, it seems weird to distinguish those as two different regions. And it's not "gently sloped" as much as rolling hills. If you wanted to be precise you'd call this region "Appalachian piedmont".

I think I was also taught three regions: mountains, piedmont, coast. Reductive but that's how we learn stuff.

I can’t argue the Italian definition, just referring to the American English topographic usage of the term as the sloping topographic transition from mountain to flat land. Obviously the slope isn’t uniform, so foothills terrain could be included within that definition, but from my understanding of the American term Piedmont, it includes the land beyond the foothills as well.

It has gotten pretty nice. A lot of revitalization along the river front. A few good restaurants, a distillery, and a brewery just opened.

If you see 1000 piers coastal Carolina gin on the abc shelves I recommend it.

https://www.1000piersgin.com/1000piersgin

I didn’t see the previous post, and thought you were talking about Greenville. Greenville will always be a shithole.

Are there any liveable towns between Raleigh and the beach?

I know virtually nothing about the counties that make up the northern border of NC

I’m working from home today and I’m just so much more productive.

Are there any liveable towns between Raleigh and the beach?

Define liveable. If you want to reach high school between Raleigh and the beach, I can hook you up with some connections.

Define liveable. If you want to reach high school between Raleigh and the beach, I can hook you up with some connections.

I’m pretty sure I’d shrivel up and die without mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back