• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, I'd prefer to be doing pretty much anything else in Vegas, but the wife has been saying for years that she wants to see Adele in concert. Like a bucket list thing.

I'm pretty much a B-/C+ husband, so this would help.

is she only playing in Vegas?

I get that you're trolling, but if any employer call the career services office and was treated the way I was treated, we should still have a fucking problem with it

You should have been treated better, but I'm not trolling. How would you react if you spent $300K for your kid to go to Wake and they call you up and ask for money to go to paralegal school so they can make $35 grand at the public defenders office in Greensboro ?

ETA: Making allowances for the fact that I don't know where you work or what you actually pay a first-year paralegal, but still . . .

Last edited:
isn't being a paralegal for a few years a pretty common step in becoming an attorney?

ah okay

i've know a couple that have gone that route but i don't really make a habit of befriending LAWYERS

I'm guessing Wake seniors on a law school track are more worried about LSATs, law school applications, and figuring out where they're going to party the last free summer of their lives.

I get that you're trolling, but if any employer call the career services office and was treated the way I was treated, we should still have a fucking problem with it

i had a terrible experience with career services while i was at Wake

they basically looked at my transcript, my major, and my resume and were like GOOD LUCK BITCH

i've heard it's gotten a lot better since 09/10 but they were like have you considered coming back to wake to get a management degree? english major not gonna cut it in the recession market, my guy!

I have never made naan but my wife has gotten to where she makes a good version. She uses yogurt. Maybe we could make this version for comparison.

This lady's argument was that unless you can get the pan temperature up to 500+ degrees like a tandoori oven, the yoghurt makes the naan too thick and chewy, so she recommends whole milk instead.

i've heard it's gotten a lot better since 09/10 but they were like have you considered coming back to wake to get a management degree? english major not gonna cut it in the recession market, my guy!

yeah it was basically "Oh you're not Calloway? Well..."

my experience with WF career services was:

"Hi, I graduated 3 years ago, went directly into the Army via the WF ROTC department, now I'm ready to transition to civilian life, can career services assist me?"

"Fuck off, we only help current graduating WF students"

I just called the undergraduate schools career services office to let them know that I might be looking for a paralegal soon. I can't believe the shitty reception. I got. The person that picked up the phone couldn't have cared less, and couldn't even give me a phone number for the person that I needed to speak with. She said that I should email the person with the details and they might get back with me.

If I was a student looking for a job, I would be pissed as fuck if I knew that potential employers would being treated this way.

I feel like I’ve read this exact same post from you a year or so ago but about UNCG.

awaken has been trying to tell you guys that a college degree is a lousy investment

That is why you should go to App & save $250k and then make $35k.

You should have been treated better, but I'm not trolling. How would you react if you spent $300K for your kid to go to Wake and they call you up and ask for money to go to paralegal school so they can make $35 grand at the public defenders office in Greensboro ?

ETA: Making allowances for the fact that I don't know where you work or what you actually pay a first-year paralegal, but still . . .

First and foremost, paralegals do not have to be licensed. There's no paralegal school that's a requirement to being a paralegal.
If they do the job for 10 years, the $300,000 is entirely forgiven. Also, a paralegal in my office starts at like $60,000, and by the end of the 10 years is going to be making six figures in a LOCL city. Plus full Federal benefits.

Last edited:

This is exactly what frustrated me about the experience. And English degree would be a perfect fit for what we're looking for.

This lady's argument was that unless you can get the pan temperature up to 500+ degrees like a tandoori oven, the yoghurt makes the naan too thick and chewy, so she recommends whole milk instead.

Good thing I have a tandoori oven.

I feel like I’ve read this exact same post from you a year or so ago but about UNCG.

About a year ago I went to UNCG admissions office for my au pair. It was the opposite complaint, they had like 30 people there that were all dressed in a suit and tie that were hawking. The education like it was a fucking Harvard law degree, instead of some local college. They wanted like $5,000 for three credit hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back