• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mako move to slc and you’ll be making $70k as a teacher I bet

yea as someone who graduated in the summer, if career services had connected me to a 60k starting salary, even in GREENSBORO, i would have been over the moon. took me a few years and some pretty shit jobs to make that much. i didn't spend $350k (or even $100k for that matter) to go to wake, but still, this frustrates me to no end. i know we're a liberal arts school and all, but career services should be a primary function of the university!

Bro I don’t even make 60 grand right now.

Y'all don't even want to learn what college professors make. Hint: not much unless you're old or maybe a scientist

Someone tell Kory to come back so I’m not the poorest motherfucker on the boards.

First and foremost, paralegals do not have to be licensed. There's no paralegal school that's a requirement to being a paralegal.
If they do the job for 10 years, the $300,000 is entirely forgiven. Also, a paralegal in my office starts at like $60,000, and by the end of the 10 years is going to be making six figures in a LOCL city. Plus full Federal benefits.

How does this work? What happens if they don't have any student loans or any student loans left unpaid? Is it a vesting schedule that pays out $300K regardless?

Last edited:
Yeah, you just going to write them a $300K check on their tenth anniversary or something ?

How does this work? What happens if they don't have any student loans or any student loans left? unpaid Is it a vesting schedule that pays out $300K regardless?

pretty sure he's talking about the federal loan forgiveness program for people who work in certain careers for ten years and $300k is just using the number biff quoted

i didn't realize paralegals were an eligible career for this benefit

If the federal government is paying out $300K to colleges for people to become paralegals I think we have found the problem in this country.

pretty sure he's talking about the federal loan forgiveness program for people who work in certain careers for ten years and $300k is just using the number biff quoted

i didn't realize paralegals were an eligible career for this benefit

Right, but how does this work for people with no loans? They just miss out on a massive windfall for (all things equal) doing the same amount of work?

2nding that Wake Career Services sucked the two(?) times I went to them for help, once during my senior year and once 6 months after graduating. The jist of what they told me is that I needed to know exactly what career or job that I wanted, and that I had to network in that particular field. Also they emailed me a bunch of resume formats.

Bro I don’t even make 60 grand right now.

You could focus on just one part of your 1000 responsibilities, come cut grass and make $40k in DC, never have to talk to a snot nose kid again

Right, but how does this work for people with no loans? They just miss out on a massive windfall for (all things equal) doing the same amount of work?

nah you still have to make payment on loans over ten years -- the balance is forgiven

but honestly, if you can go to school debt-free then no need to sweat somebody else's "windfall"

Y'all don't even want to learn what college professors make. Hint: not much unless you're old or maybe a scientist

There's a pretty wide distribution that depends on a lot of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back