• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife and I hiked up Vermont's tallest mountain today. At the trailhead, it was muggy and in the 70s so within 10 minutes, we were soaked with sweat. By the time we got to the turnaround point at the top, we got hit with a rain storm that hit us with steady hail and 35-40 mph winds until we got back down below the treeline. The worst part was that the last 1/3 mile up and back down were exposed rock that you have to scramble up/down. It was really greasy. We both lost our footing once and slid several feet down the rock face. Whole trip was 2600 feet of elevation gain according to our watches and took us about 4 1/2 hours. We're not expert hikers by any means- usually just do day hikes for a few hours. We were not fully prepared for the weather we hit at the top, but the whole experience was pretty fun in a wet and miserable sort of way.

maybe i should meal plan. i don't like meal prepping except for lunch bc i think the food is never as good when reheated (there are a few exceptions to this rule)

Haas anyone suggested just eating tacos, man?

maybe i should meal plan. i don't like meal prepping except for lunch bc i think the food is never as good when reheated (there are a few exceptions to this rule)

y'all are quickly becoming me and I love it. I probably went like 15 years of my life never having leftovers once.

That being said , ever since I lined up all my credit cards to end on the same date and realized I had spent a few months losing money, I think I'm DONE on BIG RESTAURANT. Shit's just too expensive. Haven't done lunch delivery in weeks. And if I'm bailing on Big Restaurant, I think we're going to have a cultural shift away from eating out & $10 beers.

Might also just be me and worrying/realizing I ain't gonna have the same job forever and I might at some point get fairly compensated for what I actually do

Last edited:
had a tomato sandwich (well, open faced) for breakfast and I never cease to be amazed at how good Dukes is. yes i licked the knife.

The wife and I hiked up Vermont's tallest mountain today. At the trailhead, it was muggy and in the 70s so within 10 minutes, we were soaked with sweat. By the time we got to the turnaround point at the top, we got hit with a rain storm that hit us with steady hail and 35-40 mph winds until we got back down below the treeline. The worst part was that the last 1/3 mile up and back down were exposed rock that you have to scramble up/down. It was really greasy. We both lost our footing once and slid several feet down the rock face. Whole trip was 2600 feet of elevation gain according to our watches and took us about 4 1/2 hours. We're not expert hikers by any means- usually just do day hikes for a few hours. We were not fully prepared for the weather we hit at the top, but the whole experience was pretty fun in a wet and miserable sort of way.

There is no nice weather at the White Mountains.

plama/strick on Saturday my boss wants to do dinner now so

A) i can only be so trashed
B) let's make our plans during the day

There are quite a few things that are better reheated, or just as good, because they soak the flavors in better after a day or two. Casseroles are the biggie, some soups as well. But things like pizza, chicken (that isn't in a casserole), yeah, not great reheated.

I eat leftovers for lunch 3-4 times a week. It's typically healthier than grabbing lunch out, easier to portion control and I would guess it saves me $10-$20 a day. It helps our dinners are usually pretty good so eating leftovers doesn't seem like a chore.

My son is almost 15 and crushes dinner so our leftovers have diminished. My wife made some great chicken alfredo with broccoli last night and it's pretty much all gone.

I used to hate leftovers as a kid just on principle but once I started cooking I began appreciating having the meals ready plus if the food is good then it should hopefully still be good leftover

My son is almost 15 and crushes dinner so our leftovers have diminished. My wife made some great chicken alfredo with broccoli last night and it's pretty much all gone.

We are getting close to that, which is why I have to grab a sandwich somewhere today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back