• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 89: Girl talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to leave work early, bike to the sto' to get some snacks and maybe a bottle of champagne, then sit on my porch, listen to soul music and watch the sun set.

"Male ducks (drakes) are among the few birds with a penis. And this is no ordinary phallus. When erect, a duck penis is shaped like a corkscrew, spiraling up to 20 centimeters in length.

Yet before copulation, the male will not have the benefit of an erection. Instead, he will seize upon a female for sex and, in what biologists call eversion, extend his penis – in a counter-clockwise route – into her reproductive tract. The extension happens fast, less than a half second in some ducks. It is a feat biologists at Yale University describe in some wild research as “explosive eversion.”

Among these waterfowl, the males have presumably evolved with longer penises as an advantage in the case of these forced matings. Here’s an example of eversion in slow motion. As it turns out, female ducks, in order to ward off forced copulations from undesirable males, have evolved a response to this screwy sex. Their reproductive tracts are convoluted, spiraling in the opposite direction of the male’s penis and outfitted with various cul-de-sacs. When the female is receptive to a particular male, the contours of her tract present no barrier to fertilization; her posture, with her body prone and her tail lifted high, exposes her cloaca and allows for ready fertilization. But when confronted with a forced copulation, a female duck may assume no such receptive posture. Her countervailing reproductive tract has evolved to prevent unwanted fertilization, a literal and genetic dead end to the male’s aggressive behavior."

So it's not so much a decoy hole, just that they can make it difficult

Yessss. I love this. Ducks are def the best.

Best Britney Spears "song"?

Toxic or Lucky.

Wow I wish I hadn't watched that duck penis video now. I'll never look at ducks the same way again.

Just got off a 2 hour conf call that was all about tax. It was awful. Cav, you would have love it.

you know what's the best part about ducks? how TASTY they are. crispy skin, duck fat, confit...yesyesyes.

Hey chat thread-ers, random question, not sure where else to post it so it's going here. How come no one in the Harlem Shake videos is doing the Harlem Shake?

Hey chat thread-ers, random question, not sure where else to post it so it's going here. How come no one in the Harlem Shake videos is doing the Harlem Shake?

because white people

600x1000_fitbox-happy_man_corkscrew_a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back