• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 94: I live my life a quarter mile at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw it, i'm punching out and going outside.

thanks for letting me host the last chat thread, friends. won't pretend it was easy to come up with titles! trying to be interesting, you know.

if i bought a living social deal for pressure washing the exterior of my house, but they showed up today and go "you had a living social deal? that's only for vinyl siding. brick is WAY more expensive." but NOWHERE on the deal does it ever mention what type of siding it's for, then i should be able to get my house cleaned without paying extra, right?

dhtoy is going to argue it for me since i tend to let people walk all over me sometimes. but i want to make sure it's a fight worth fighting. i never would have bought the deal if it had ever said vinyl siding. but i'm looking at both the voucher and the original ad thingy, and never once does it mention what types of siding are covered by the deal. never once.

if i bought a living social deal for pressure washing the exterior of my house, but they showed up today and go "you had a living social deal? that's only for vinyl siding. brick is WAY more expensive." but NOWHERE on the deal does it ever mention what type of siding it's for, then i should be able to get my house cleaned without paying extra, right?

dhtoy is going to argue it for me since i tend to let people walk all over me sometimes. but i want to make sure it's a fight worth fighting. i never would have bought the deal if it had ever said vinyl siding. but i'm looking at both the voucher and the original ad thingy, and never once does it mention what types of siding are covered by the deal. never once.

If it does not specifically spell out that it is only good on vinyl siding, then fight it.

Yeah, I'd be super pissed. Threaten to call BBB, Angie's List, Living Social, and the WBTV news investigative reporter.

Yeah, I'd definitely fight it.

Definitely fight it. I would contact living social and they should contact the person on your behalf. I think worst case you end up with a credit to living social.

The lady friend is going through this with a massage bought via groupon. She scheduled an appointment and went and the woman had relocated without notice and when the GF called the woman went off on her. Groupon contacted her and she was like, I'd be happy to reschedule but who in there right mind goes to something like a masseuse with whom you're having a conflict.

I'm dealing with Groupon right now too because I can't get in touch with the salon where I have a haircut deal. Deachoops I think I'd call LS or Groupon (whichever it is) and see if they can point out where it might have said brick or at least get them on your side.

I'm dealing with Groupon right now too because I can't get in touch with the salon where I have a haircut deal. Deachoops I think I'd call LS or Groupon (whichever it is) and see if they can point out where it might have said brick or at least get them on your side.

i mean, the guy seemed really, really nice. they're sending me a quote later today for how much it would be for brick. i'm going to see if we can (nicely) work it out with the company first. they have a really good rating with the BBB, so my guess is that this is just an honest misunderstanding. they just failed to put it in the ad, and don't want to have to eat the expense. i think dhtoy can work it out with them. if they really push back, then we'll argue with living social or file a complaint with the BBB.

I've heard a lot of stories about companies that have mysteriously moved after (or before) putting up a living social/groupon deal. It ends up working really well in their favor because many people don't ever bother to follow up.

I've heard a lot of stories about companies that have mysteriously moved after (or before) putting up a living social/groupon deal. It ends up working really well in their favor because many people don't ever bother to follow up.

I'm wondering if LS/Groupon can take the money for refunds away from that company or if once the company has the $ there's nothing that can be done.

I had a coupon for a sushi lunch place and it said it included one nonalcoholic drink. So I requested a bottled tea and they said it was only for soda out of the fountain, but I don't drink soda. And finally was able to get a bottle of water out of the deal, though I was mad they wouldn't honor the coupon when the fine print didn't spell it out.

I get that the tea was like $4, but still, under their rules I should be able to get it. not worth fighting about, though. so I begrudgingly accepted the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back