• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 94: I live my life a quarter mile at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a coupon for a sushi lunch place and it said it included one nonalcoholic drink. So I requested a bottled tea and they said it was only for soda out of the fountain, but I don't drink soda. And finally was able to get a bottle of water out of the deal, though I was mad they wouldn't honor the coupon when the fine print didn't spell it out.

I get that the tea was like $4, but still, under their rules I should be able to get it. not worth fighting about, though. so I begrudgingly accepted the water.

stuff like that grinds my gears. at the end of the day it's really no big deal, but the lack of forethought/specificity of others is frustrating.

I'm wondering if LS/Groupon can take the money for refunds away from that company or if once the company has the $ there's nothing that can be done.

The businesses get their money in delayed payment chunks, so there's a good chance Groupon or LS can withhold money for refunded vouchers.

The businesses get their money in delayed payment chunks, so there's a good chance Groupon or LS can withhold money for refunded vouchers.

Good to know. That makes me feel a little better about the sleazy companies.

All my experience with Groupon have been good, but i've heard nothing but bad stories about Living Social.

I use LS a lot more than Groupon and have had good experiences with it. This Groupon is the first time I've had someone be unreachable.

All my experience with Groupon have been good, but i've heard nothing but bad stories about Living Social.

i've had more problems with groupon than living social. i wonder if it has to do with the area you're in. like if there's a local team covering the area, i wonder if the quality of that team really affects your experience.

These are delicious
DFD86301_1_1.JPG

Phish summer tour dates released...looks like I'll be hitting up the 2 night stand at Merriweather in July

i've had more problems with groupon than living social. i wonder if it has to do with the area you're in. like if there's a local team covering the area, i wonder if the quality of that team really affects your experience.

I think it might also be the types of purchases. I don't every really buy groupons for services, nearly all of mine have been discounts for restaurants like 7$ for a 15 dollar credit, etc. I did buy the wifey a massage envy massage once, and tickets to some Symphony show in Greensboro.

I think it might also be the types of purchases. I don't every really buy groupons for services, nearly all of mine have been discounts for restaurants like 7$ for a 15 dollar credit, etc. I did buy the wifey a massage envy massage once, and tickets to some Symphony show in Greensboro.

possibly. but i've now had two real problems: this one with the pressure washing people (living social) and a carpet cleaning company that actually didn't even exist at all (groupon). so they're both services.

i definitely tend to do the services or experience stuff (like the shooting range, or an archery place. stuff that we can turn into a date) more than restaurants. IMO, they're usually the better deals. but i also don't usually eat out all that much, so i hate feeling like i HAVE to go out because my deal is about to expire. typically the services have a longer expiration date. like 6 months or more.

I've pretty much only bought LS or Groupon for restaurants, and always for ones I know are good or I've wanted to try, never just random ones out of the blue. They always get me with the cryptic email headlines like "Half off Italian" and it's for some joint I've never heard of in some bumfuck place.

Can't wait to get out there for a run. . . . . . RIGHT AWAR!?!?!?

I have GOT to get my booty out of the office and out for a run sometime this evening. This means I should finish my work instead of chat threadding it up.

Can't wait to get out there for a run. . . . . . RIGHT AWAR!?!?!?

Ugh I wish. Gotta work until 6 and then choir until 9:30 so I probably won't unless I brave up and go late at night. Yesterday was my only real free evening this week and I had an AWFUL "run". Shin splits like 1/2 a mile in. Wahhhh.

i'm pretty mentally checked out for the day. on the upside, that's the latest in the day that i've made it before checking out in more than a week. on the downside, i really have a bunch of crap that i SHOULD be doing, and i just don't really want to do it.

Wherever HTTD is, he will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be safe for posting that 10 hour video of the song that never ends. On very little sleep today and for god knows what reason that ridiculous thing is stuck in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back