• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 94: I live my life a quarter mile at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
on hold with US Airways now and the hold music keeps talking about some "Gathering" in Ireland. for as much as they say "gathering" all I can think about is the Gathering of the Juggalos.

Ireland's trying to get the diaspora to all come back this year for tourism $$$$$ to save their economy

I find its just easier not having friends. One of my buddies is moving into a new house in the next month. I can't wait to help.

i mean, i'm a really good party-thrower (i was already thinking of ways to tie it in to make it less "oh hey buy my friend's stuff" like inviting over a friend who is a masseuse and making it more "spa-day" thing) but still. if i got invited to a MK party i wouldn't really be hankering to go.

i'll probably end up doing it. i'm such a sucker.

top of the list of 'workplace things that are lame' definitely goes to friday afternoon meetings.

people who are oblivious to friday afternoons being unofficial DO NOT SCHEDULE ISH HERE blocks are the biggest shmucks.

this person is in MT time when the rest of the call is on Eastern. fuck her. she sucks.

Yeah you have to block off your outlook calendar ahead of time with something like surfing the interwebs

i mean, i'm a really good party-thrower (i was already thinking of ways to tie it in to make it less "oh hey buy my friend's stuff" like inviting over a friend who is a masseuse and making it more "spa-day" thing) but still. if i got invited to a MK party i wouldn't really be hankering to go.

i'll probably end up doing it. i'm such a sucker.

don't lie, you just like throwing themed parties :)

Based on my bros FB status he got an internship with Amazon and will be living in Seattle this summer! Sweeeet. Wonder if I can get my parents to pay for a family trip to visit him =)

Based on my bros FB status he got an internship with Amazon and will be living in Seattle this summer! Sweeeet. Wonder if I can get my parents to pay for a family trip to visit him =)

That's awesome. Can you pack me in the suitcase?

I picked up the color run stuff. Pretty stoked for tomorrow. They give you a headband to keep the sweat from making streaks through all the color. Good lookin' out color run!

I picked up the color run stuff. Pretty stoked for tomorrow. They give you a headband to keep the sweat from making streaks through all the color. Good lookin' out color run!

where's your color run? y'all aren't going to the one at the whitewater center, are you?

where's your color run? y'all aren't going to the one at the whitewater center, are you?

No, the Winston one is tomorrow. If it is truly "The Happiest 5K on the Planet" I could be convinced to do another one. But the competitive side of me wishes it was timed.

so... i've always kind of lamented teh fact that when i plug my phone in at work, the cord then baaaaarely allows my phone to reach the edge of the desk to sit there...

...until today, when it dawned on me that there is nothing preventing me from sliding the surge protector it's plugged into closer to my desk.

this is not a smart day for me. I spelled 'die' as "dy" on the girl thread, and now this. I ought to just throw in the towel and go home.

No, the Winston one is tomorrow. If it is truly "The Happiest 5K on the Planet" I could be convinced to do another one. But the competitive side of me wishes it was timed.

yeah, this bothers me.

Sure! I got mine too. That place was bumpin.

When I went to the packet pick-up, everyone was just like SUPER HAPPY.

Color Run Representative #1 - "HEY MAN! You here to pick-up your packet for the Happiest 5K on the Planet??!?!?"
Me - "Yes."
Color Run Representative #1 - "THAT'S AWESOME! You can see Maria at the 2nd station. She will happily assist you and get you everything you need!"
Me - "Thanks."
Color Run Representative (Maria) - "HI! We're thrilled you decided to participate in the Happiest 5K on the Planet. Do you have your photo ID?"
Me - "Yes." <Hands her ID>
Color Run Representative (Maria) - "WakeBDer, fantastic! So glad you came by today. You'll just go pick up you t-shirt from Owen!"
Me - "Thanks."
Me (to Owen) -"Large, please"
Color Run Representative (Owen) - "ONE LARGE SHIRT, coming right up! That's all you need. We will see you tomorrow at the Happiest 5K on the Planet! THANKS!"

<sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back