• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 95 v3.0: Cashiers, USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I Wake would absolutely be a Sweet Sixteen team if we could beat teams like BC and Clemson, right ?

275382203_10225054265684741_1481259389774677197_n.jpg

Minus Akron, my sweet 16 is still intact after day 1

@Townie Billy Summers was a really fun read. Don’t want to spoil anything for you, but it was 500 pages and I finished it in 3 days. Now I want to talk to someone about it.

i only missed two games but alas - had iowa and uconn both in the final 8

On the emo/pop-punk topic, I'm currently reading Dan Ozzi's book "Sellout: The major label feeding frenzy that swept punk, emo, and hardcore 1994-2007" and it's really good. Bringing back a lot of nostalgia, but covering a lot of interesting stories on many bands I listened to or knew of growing up. Really good read for anyone that grew up on those genres during that time.

Last edited:
On the emo/pop-punk topic, I'm currently reading Dan Ozzi's book "Sellout: The major label feeding frenzy that swept punk, emo, and hardcore 1994-2007" and it's really good. Bringing back a lot of nostalgia, but covering a lot of interesting stories on many bands I listened to or knew of growing up. Really well good read for anyone that grew up on those genres during that time.

dang might have to check out. a lot in there about the Warped Tour?

I haven't done an NCAA bracket in probably 8 years.

I haven’t done a bracket in a while and haven’t even seen a March madness game yet this year, except the highlights of our first round game on YouTube. In a way it’s kind of refreshing to be unaware of it all.

On the emo/pop-punk topic, I'm currently reading Dan Ozzi's book "Sellout: The major label feeding frenzy that swept punk, emo, and hardcore 1994-2007" and it's really good. Bringing back a lot of nostalgia, but covering a lot of interesting stories on many bands I listened to or knew of growing up. Really well good read for anyone that grew up on those genres during that time.

May I also suggest the Bandsplain podcast on Spotify which takes a deep dive into a lot of bands from that era, like five hours long sometimes, including playing a bunch of songs.

@Townie Billy Summers was a really fun read. Don’t want to spoil anything for you, but it was 500 pages and I finished it in 3 days. Now I want to talk to someone about it.

Gonna take me a few years to get there I’m afraid. Only allowing myself one King a month, and I’m still wrapping up Under the Dome (which rules btw). I am absolutely flying through books this year though.

Yeah Bandsplain is good. The host is a little grating at first but grows on you.

Gonna take me a few years to get there I’m afraid. Only allowing myself one King a month, and I’m still wrapping up Under the Dome (which rules btw). I am absolutely flying through books this year though.

Yeah, I'm through 12 already(would be more if Atonement wasn't such a freaking slog). I'd steered clear of King until now, but the last 2 were King. Reading while I lay with the 3yo waiting for her to go to sleep has been a winner.

dang might have to check out. a lot in there about the Warped Tour?

So far, the only mention of Warped Tour was in the chapter about Blink-182. I don't want to spoil anything, but that's been the only mention so far and I'm about half-way through the book. Each chapter follows a specific band's story starting with Green Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back