• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really any better off than when we were ruled by an overseas monarchy ?

The Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>> Counting Crows > Green Day

Ironically I got an email the other day to check out my annual Social Security statement to tell me how much the government won’t be paying me in 2055 when Social Security is bankrupt and we are living in a 125 degree hellscape while billionaires reside in their space mansions.

We are a house divided. The wife will look at the box when doing a jigsaw puzzle. I think it’s cheating.

i'm enjoying the thought of DD trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle without having any idea what the ultimate picture looks like. Or is it somehow acceptable to look at the box one time up front? SLIPPERY SLOPE

You guys get up way too early. I miss all the crossword talk. Still working on the upper right corner 25 mins in.

Also thanks chat thread for reminding me I have to do our taxes. Really looking forward to that this year since the computer I use for it is on its last legs. So it’ll be even slower than usual.

I just think complacency will do us in. Laziness.

I've been thinking on this: I think self-centeredness and the primacy of the self and one's immediate family well above the collective good is a bigger cultural ethos problem than laziness

our taxes will hopefully be cool this year since we can get the adoption credit and then get the 2020 dependent stimuli back.

that's if we ever get his SSN. got a thing in the mail a little while back from the local SSA office asking me to sign a form giving them permission to verify his birth certificate with the vital records office in Raleigh. yeah, do what you gotta do. doesn't my mailing in a physical copy of his BC and signing the other form imply that I'm ok with you verifying in however way you see fit? this came like 3 weeks after we sent in all the stuff to the office and about a week after they mailed back our original documents -- why wasn't the permission form included then? I'm pretty pro-Big Government, but this shit is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've been thinking on this: I think self-centeredness and the primacy of the self and one's immediate family well above the collective good is a bigger cultural ethos problem than laziness

Tend to your own garden is a huge part of what made this country great, bruh.

I think Townie might be the least gay dude here. Wow.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh depends on your definition of gay here

i am sexually attracted to boston rob from survivor and a series of detroit tigers outfielders from the late 2000s

but am i a sweet, cool, dude who is sweet and cool? also no.

But hasn't that always been the case? Why wouldn't you look out for yourself and your family above all else?

The "laziness" or complacency I was talking about comes from a generation (multiple generations, actually) of people that haven't lived through anything remotely resembling a difficult environment. I think it has made us soft. Maybe something terrible happens and we rise to the occasion. Who the fuck knows. I'm probably just an angry old man yelling at clouds in a 42 year old body.

You guys need to get in on the Medlock Thought. Taxes are good!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh depends on your definition of gay here

i am sexually attracted to boston rob from survivor and a series of detroit tigers outfielders from the late 2000s

but am i a sweet, cool, dude who is sweet and cool? also no.

I've said repeatedly that I would leave my wife for Ryan Gosling.

I have tweaked the old groin squatting and boy howdy that's not a fun injury. For weight lifting to supposedly be an injury preventative activity, it seemingly causes a lot of damn injuries for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back