• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you run into cases where you have an intersection where you just don’t know the answer right? Like two random ass artist/author/cities or something that just aren’t in your brain? Do you use the google machine then?

a so called NATICK. I do see them occasionally but the constructors/editors of the puzzle try to avoid them.

For a while I used the “check puzzle” function pretty regularly to check my work and figure out what squares I had wrong. No shame in using the assist features while you are getting better at crosswords.

We are a house divided. The wife will look at the box when doing a jigsaw puzzle. I think it’s cheating.

Surely you run into cases where you have an intersection where you just don’t know the answer right? Like two random ass artist/author/cities or something that just aren’t in your brain? Do you use the google machine then?

oh yeah def but you can get enough of the other words that cross the answer to be able to infer/guess the last letter. Like you can pretty well figure out if it's going to be a vowel or consonant, and if it's a consonant that's next to another consonant you can narrow it down based on which ones are commonly together (like LT can go together but you're not going to see LH or LR a lot)

Speaking of my mother, she made the fam dinner las night and made some spinach parmesan cornbread which may have been the best thing I've eaten since the pandemic started. It was also the first time we have eaten a meal with my parents indoors in 9 months and it was surreal.

glad you got to see her - this thing has sucked for grandparents.

glad you got to see her - this thing has sucked for grandparents.

Yeah, she took the 2yo with home with her for the night. They both were excited. They're keeping both the kids next weekend when we head to Charleston. We hiked together a lot and saw each other outside a lot during the pandemic, but last night was the first chance both grandparents had to actually hold and hug the kids for a really long time.

I have a 9 month old nephew that lives 5 minutes away from me that I have yet to physically hold. I really hate Covid.

My sister still hasn't met my son. Shit sucks. Fortunately the grandparents have all been here in various ways. I get to meet my nephew in a week, he'll be almost 3 months old. Spent the first two months in NICU, and they can use all the help they can get.

I do feel very fortunate I get to see my little dude all day every day WFH. Watched a little video on how to choose a day care/nanny situation and it hit me for the first time that at some point I won't be able to and it made me extremely butthurt.

One good album from each. I would listen to August before Dookie today so I’ll go with Counting Crows.

August is a great album. Recovering the Satellites and This Desert Life are good.

Oh good it’s time to give the government even more money on top of all the money I gave them last year.

Scheduled my first vaccine.

Excited to get this over with. Not excited to go back to the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back