• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got vaccinated. And didn’t die in the tornado. Pretty good day.

I want to go everywhere actually

I’d settle for like, Oklahoma City rn

I want to go everywhere actually

I’d settle for like, Oklahoma City rn

Haha I feel you here. One of my closest friends is having a 1 year wedding celebration in Austin mid-May so we are just barely going to safely be able to go. Pretty excited, somewhat nervous and apprehensive.

I’ve been to San Sebastián a few times but I def wanna go back now that I can afford to eat at the fancy restaurants and not stay in hostels.

I’ve got a vintage tourism poster for there that I got from a vendor at Eastern Market that specializes in them.

Those are good, but then head outta Madrid for better cities in Spain

I would love to spend a month going around Spain and Portugal. Paella on the beach...some dinners in San Sebastian...a stop in the wine region to drink some red and eat some Jamon...

In San Sebastian, I bet the non-superstar restaurants have to be really good to stay in business.

I would love to spend a month going around Spain and Portugal. Paella on the beach...some dinners in San Sebastian...a stop in the wine region to drink some red and eat some Jamon...

In San Sebastian, I bet the non-superstar restaurants have to be really good to stay in business.

I studied abroad in Dublin and spent a weekend in Valencia. It was incredible. The weather in Dublin was shit and in Valencia I was drinking sangria and eating paella on the beach.

Sounds great....

BTW, if you are in NYC and feel like some paella, it's worth the trip to go to Newark for Don Pepe's. They also make excellent homemade sangria.

seville was so much better than valencia. Granada was also amazing. Barcelona prob a top 10 favorite city.

Sevilla is what you think of when you think of stereotypical Spain: bullfighting, tiled roofs, flamenco, tapas, etc. agreed it’s better than Valencia. But the paella in Valencia is amazing. Here’s a Spain tip, never go to a restaurant with pictures next or the door of different paellas they serve. That’s frozen garbage for tourists.

Barcelona my favorite major city in Europe. Salamanca where I studied abroad is fantastic but it’s off the beaten path of most elsewhere in Spain you’d wanna visit unless you’re going to/from Portugal.

Sounds great....

BTW, if you are in NYC and feel like some paella, it's worth the trip to go to Newark for Don Pepe's. They also make excellent homemade sangria.

Gonna be in NY for the next week will suggest we leave the village and take the 45 minute trip to Newark to get some paella

Gonna be in NY for the next week will suggest we leave the village and take the 45 minute trip to Newark to get some paella

One time I was there on a very cold Feb. night. I forgot something in the car. When I went to get it, the car was unlocked and a window was open. When I mentioned that to the valet, his response short and to the point, "Who the fuck is going to mess with your car here?"

Yes, I tipped him before I went back to dinner. :)

Don't buy a Rodex watch on the street.

We were supposed to go to Spain last year for our 15th for two weeks. Maybe we'll get to go next year but I was really looking forward to it.

Haven't been to Cartagena but I heard it's super touristy, I think the cruise ships stop there so I'm not really interested. Would give anything right now to go back to Colombia though.

I think the top three things I want to see right now are Macchu Picchu, the salt flats in Bolivia, and maybe Cuenca Ecuador since I hear it's really popular for Americans to retire there and is supposed to be a really nice multicultural type city.

Sounds great....

One time I was there on a very cold Feb. night. I forgot something in the car. When I went to get it, the car was unlocked and a window was open. When I mentioned that to the valet, his response short and to the point, "Who the fuck is going to mess with your car here?"

Yes, I tipped him before I went back to dinner. :)

Don't buy a Rodex watch on the street.

Not gonna lie, watching RJ and Townie get along low key warms my heart and gives me hope for the future of this great country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back