• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoring work and busily planning my lifelong fantasy vacation of one month on the Iberian peninsula with RJKarl.

Just found out I know the head basketball coach at App St. Not really well - opposite ends of the same friend circle in high school, but it's a shame they lost last night.

20 year high school reunion is in August. I've never gone to one, but I'm considering it.

What do people do there? I'm thinking of bringing my cornhole boards and chilling?

On a sadder note, I remember when we had to have a separate thread for each region in the tournament, now there's just a few posts in between DR takes on a season-long basketball thread.

and Sevilla ->Barcelona -> Madrid -> Granada (only places I've been in Spain, but this is colored by the fact my wife lived in Sevilla so we had a little more "non-touristy" experience there, but Barcelona is awesome).

For me the highlight of Madrid was going to the restaurant Hemingway wrote about in the Sun also Rises, Botin's. I think Seville and Barcelona are more unique cities, but thats the thing about Spain, everyone has a different favorite.

Barcelona > Sevilla > Madrid > San Sebastian > Bilboa

IMO

this is probably correct. the Guggenheim in Bilbao is worth doing but then get out of town and see the rest of the Basque Country and San Sebastian IMO. Goddamn I wanna go back to Spain soon.

Although I am now old, I've always thought cruises were for old people and never gone one. I'm kinda interested of doing an Alaskan cruise. But what fits here is I have thought about using Wake's own Alan Fox's Vacations-2-Go to jump on a ship in Barcelona and do a ten day Mediterranean cruise to see a lot of places and look for future destinations. What makes think about doing it is those ships move at night and take to a new city or island every day. You spend the day at the new locations.

I looked into those European river cruises and they are fucking expensive.

On a sadder note, I remember when we had to have a separate thread for each region in the tournament, now there's just a few posts in between DR takes on a season-long basketball thread.

when you see that video of the women's weight situation then you don't feel too bad about it

Although I am now old, I've always thought cruises were for old people and never gone one. I'm kinda interested of doing an Alaskan cruise. But what fits here is I have thought about using Wake's own Alan Fox's Vacations-2-Go to jump on a ship in Barcelona and do a ten day Mediterranean cruise to see a lot of places and look for future destinations. What makes think about doing it is those ships move at night and take to a new city or island every day. You spend the day at the new locations.

I looked into those European river cruises and they are fucking expensive.

Unfortunately, “spending the day” often means hours of lining up to get on and off the boat and then bussing to two or three touristy sites before heading back before dinner.

It’s a way to “see” a city, but not really experience it.

On the other hand, a small boat Alaskan cruise may be the best way to visit Alaska.

when you see that video of the women's weight situation then you don't feel too bad about it

giphy.gif

Got a first round interview with a very cool company next week. A coworker had passed along the job to me and when I told her today and asked if I could use her as a reference she mentioned she had already done two interviews with said company for a different role.

Crossword pals am I getting stupider or was that a pretty tough Friday? Took me near an hour now I have a ton of work to do that I pushed off trying to finish this shit

yeah, today was really tough.

Unfortunately, “spending the day” often means hours of lining up to get on and off the boat and then bussing to two or three touristy sites before heading back before dinner.

It’s a way to “see” a city, but not really experience it.

On the other hand, a small boat Alaskan cruise may be the best way to visit Alaska.

european river cruises take a lot of pressure off that. small ships so you can just get on and off quickly, and you get to spend a full day in the city/town and wander around. I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back