• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
HR is about helping people? feels like it's about managing workers.

A lot depends on the culture/role/organization obviously. In her case she’s one of two people in a 100 person software company. She’s the primary point of contact for day-to-day stuff so she’s heavily engaged with employees across the company. She’s led projects to standardize compensation and career development, created a stipend program for home office needs, rolled out new benefits offerings, plans activities like yoga classes/wine night/beer club and has talked to employees about deeply personal issues like taking time off when a friend committed suicide or a partner was dealing with a miscarriage. All in one year where she was in the office for 3 weeks before going fully remote after starting her job.

I work for a giant company and the HR people are predictably useless (or worse). We have a function called “internal mobility” that’s supposed to help you navigate the org and position you for new opportunities. I had one call with one of their team members where she said well you can do [X] or [Y] which are both totally linear/obvious moves. What a valuable initiative!

i'm starting to think deshaun watson may not be quite as clean cut as he'd have us believe

I can only speak for Medellín but I legit did not want to come home when I went there for a week last February. The weather is perfect all year, the people are amazing, and the city just had a ton of energy to it. Never been to Bogotá but being the capital, it's huge and I don't think the weather is as nice.

Salento in the coffee region is supposed to be really nice too. You really can't go wrong, and everything there is pretty cheap.

I would move to Medellin tomorrow. We loved it so much. Such a cool everything. It’s my favorite tourist destination, slightly ahead of Vienna, Koh Rong and Phi Phi

Medellin
Cartagena
Bogota

In that order for our preferences. But all three were great and worth visiting.

I would move to Medellin tomorrow. We loved it so much. Such a cool everything. It’s my favorite tourist destination, slightly ahead of Vienna, Koh Rong and Phi Phi

Medellin
Cartagena
Bogota

In that order for our preferences. But all three were great and worth visiting.

How long did you all stay in Medellín and what did you get up to while you were there? We saw El Peñol, went to Comuna Trece, the Botera Museum, Guatapé and a few other places, we also toured a coffee plantation.

I liked Cartagena a lot. Definitely a party atmosphere and was there for bachelor party but still. Cool place. Definitely definitely want to see more of Colombia though.

Barca, what are your Asheville food recs

With the caveat I haven’t been to most of these in a long ass time and I’m not sure if they’re all actually open for dining-in:

The Admiral
Vivian
Bouchon or their sister restaurant Rendezvous (latter off the beaten path but has a big outdoor area we went to a lot last fall)
Table
Sierra Nevada (not open now but supposedly opening in May)
Biscuit Head
Curate
Taco Billy
Hole doughnuts
White Labs

Kukowt might have more recent recs. Baby + pandemic have severely limited my dining out since like December 2019

Italy
France
Spain

Italy has greater availability of fresh seafood. I prefer Italian wines, but that’s likely due to familiarity. Better sightseeing in Italy, imo.

France has amazing top end restaurants though and Paris is the best city I’ve ever visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back