• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was worried that I’m getting dumber from smoking weed so I had the wife set me up to take the cognitive assessment they use for screening job apps. 50 questions in 12 minutes. Got 45/50 or 99th percentile. Guess I’ll be okay.

Who would win in a fight, Knight’s fighter pilot bro or Barca’s coast guard sister?

Cruises are super Middle America but would consider one of the river deals. Doing a couple of the private catamaran charters has definitely ruined me. Hoping to do another one soon, maybe in 2022, but in the meantime doing a couple day sailing thing on a 38’ boat out of Charleston in May.

River cruises aren't for everyone, but there are some epic ones out there which offer an experience of their own.

Delfin on the Peruvian Amazon
Zambezi Queen on the Chobe
Aqua Mekong

Even within Europe, most river cruises are 100-180 passengers due to bridge size. The better companies will have a range of excursions or activities to choose from and you can always opt for private guides rather than staying with a group. Not my style, but there is something to be said for not having to pack/unpack while seeing a handful of towns/cities along the way. You get what you pay for though.

For me the highlight of Madrid was going to the restaurant Hemingway wrote about in the Sun also Rises, Botin's. I think Seville and Barcelona are more unique cities, but thats the thing about Spain, everyone has a different favorite.

obnoxious trend: new names for HR departments

give some examples

My wife works in HR (sorry, People & Culture) but is one of the good ones and genuinely does it because she likes people and likes helping them. People love her. So basically the opposite of me.

Who would win in a fight, Knight’s fighter pilot bro or Barca’s coast guard sister?

How did you know that my brother is a fighter pilot?

I'm gettin' straight up wiggly over in the COVID thread. Just can't keep my head right.

HR is about helping people? feels like it's about managing workers.

"People and Culture" is a chapter in my interpersonal communication textbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back