• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperately Wanting is a kickass Better Than Ezra song.

Mako, as an occasional worker outer, I often deal with soreness and lactic acid build up the day after a workout. What do you do to combat these impediments?

Mako, as an occasional worker outer, I often deal with soreness and lactic acid build up the day after a workout. What do you do to combat these impediments?

Not mako but doing something active but low resistance like yoga or jogging can be a good way to manage that.

i'm not mako either but going from occasional worker outer to a never worker outer has done wonders for me.

Drink more water and orange juice. Stretch before and after your workout and before going to bed.

Just realized that we have a three hour "data dive" meeting this morning instead of our normal hour-long faculty meeting. I can't wait to spend three hours looking at outdated data from when students last tested 2-3 years ago, make sweeping generalizations with incomplete data, and then coming up with programs that will never really be enacted because the school district and its leaders don't have the resources or willpower to provide the needed instructional and teacher support.

It will probably go a lot like our PLT a few weeks ago when they told us to plan out how we teach one standard over 5-6 days, and took 30 mins of my prodding for our AP to realize that the chronology of Social Studies (and to a lesser extent ELA) curricula means that we alternate through standards daily, usually weaving through 5 or 6 standards in unit. So this district-mandated exercise was a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Hey, so did I. We're deadlift besties now. You can take ATS's place because he's really fallen off and gets emasculated by his much fitter wife every day. On a related note, I'm rocking shorts today, and it's not a good look because deadlifting and rope climbs have really chewed up my shins.

Jesus... I step away from chat for a few days over the weekend and people start dropping bombs on me.

I plan on exercising this afternoon.

20 year high school reunion is in August. I've never gone to one, but I'm considering it.

What do people do there? I'm thinking of bringing my cornhole boards and chilling?

Mine was at an outside bar near the race track in Saratoga, NY where I grew up... A bunch of us met up at my friend's house who still lives in the area. Spent a few hours catching up w/ those closer friends. The actual reunion was a lot of fun because I got to talk to a lot of people that I didn't talk to much in high school, but still remembered very specific things about them. It's funny to hear what people remember you for. It was just a very chill vibe outside wandering around the place. After the reunion, we went back to my friend's house again and got drunk and high until very late. Next day we went to the track for some horse racing. It was basically like what we did in high school.

So yeah, I enjoyed it. That was about 5 years ago. Not sure if they are doing a 25 year this year, but I think I'd go.

I graduated w/ about 800 people... I'd guess only ~150ish were at the reunion (and that might be generous).

Just realized that we have a three hour "data dive" meeting this morning instead of our normal hour-long faculty meeting. I can't wait to spend three hours looking at outdated data from when students last tested 2-3 years ago, make sweeping generalizations with incomplete data, and then coming up with programs that will never really be enacted because the school district and its leaders don't have the resources or willpower to provide the needed instructional and teacher support.

It will probably go a lot like our PLT a few weeks ago when they told us to plan out how we teach one standard over 5-6 days, and took 30 mins of my prodding for our AP to realize that the chronology of Social Studies (and to a lesser extent ELA) curricula means that we alternate through standards daily, usually weaving through 5 or 6 standards in unit. So this district-mandated exercise was a complete waste of time.

#GOVERNMENT

Mine was at an outside bar near the race track in Saratoga, NY where I grew up... A bunch of us met up at my friend's house who still lives in the area. Spent a few hours catching up w/ those closer friends. The actual reunion was a lot of fun because I got to talk to a lot of people that I didn't talk to much in high school, but still remembered very specific things about them. It's funny to hear what people remember you for. It was just a very chill vibe outside wandering around the place. After the reunion, we went back to my friend's house again and got drunk and high until very late. Next day we went to the track for some horse racing. It was basically like what we did in high school.

So yeah, I enjoyed it. That was about 5 years ago. Not sure if they are doing a 25 year this year, but I think I'd go.

I graduated w/ about 800 people... I'd guess only ~150ish were at the reunion (and that might be generous).

That sounds dope. And your post just made me realize that my 20-year is in three years. JFC I'm an old.

esports is chill and juice's loathing is p funny tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back