• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
to flip it back on the gamers, why do video game players get so defensive when you suggest a more precise word is better for their competitions?

to flip it back on the gamers, why do video game players get so defensive when you suggest a more precise word is better for their competitions?

Because it’s usually (not necessarily what you are doing just in general) suggested in a way that is meant to belittle e-sports and people that enjoy e-sports. It’s rarely just about the word choice and usually intended to imply that e-sports are stupid.

i mean, they already carry the burden of the E prefix. they're E-athletes not just regular athletes

what more do the real men want?

Now I’m lost down the rabbit hole of marble racing again. John Oliver sponsored the 2020 MarbleLympics.

O’Rangers are my squad.

Hey, not to continue bumming out the chat thread, but has anyone explained the death of a pet to young kids before, and how is the best way to do that?

Hey, not to continue bumming out the chat thread, but has anyone explained the death of a pet to young kids before, and how is the best way to do that?

When we had to put our dog down, we were pretty direct with the kids and just told them that our dog was sick and his body stopped working and it was time for him to go to heaven.

Fucking garbage truck killed my old, old dog this morning. And because life is a surreal nightmare, I had to read the Of Mice and Men chapter where they shoot Candy's dog in first period. And now, while I am on hold to yell at the garbage company, their hold music Celebrate Good Times blared at full volume.

Condolences man. I know we outlive our pets, but that is a rough way to lose one.

When we had to put our dog down, we were pretty direct with the kids and just told them that our dog was sick and his body stopped working and it was time for him to go to heaven.

Same.

One of our two cats got very sick and died while I was away on a business trip, so my wife had to deal with the whole thing. The kids actually handled it better than my wife, who was a mess because she thought we had neglected to properly take care of the cat. The kids were sad about it, and even now (like 2 years later) they will say randomly that they miss him. I'm surprised they even remember him, honestly.

But yeah... I'd say direct is the way to go. It'll be really sad, but it is probably a good life lesson.

Something similar like this when my dog died about 18 months ago, but the kids were younger than Mako’s and it was of natural causes.

Maybe I’m micro old too, but people actually enjoy watching other folks playing video games? Back in my day that was hella boring watching your friends play while you waited your turn, even if they were really good.

Fucking garbage truck killed my old, old dog this morning. And because life is a surreal nightmare, I had to read the Of Mice and Men chapter where they shoot Candy's dog in first period. And now, while I am on hold to yell at the garbage company, their hold music Celebrate Good Times blared at full volume.

Shit sorry man, nothing worse.

Maybe I’m micro old too, but people actually enjoy watching other folks playing video games? Back in my day that was hella boring watching your friends play while you waited your turn, even if they were really good.

It’s crazy how quick you go from young person to ancient. Like in the last 2 years I just can’t deal with any of this shit — Tik Tok, esports, etc.

Thinking of you and the family for sure mako. I love all 3 of ours and can’t imagine the day one of them passes, especially unexpectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back