• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
to flip it back on the gamers, why do video game players get so defensive when you suggest a more precise word is better for their competitions?

But is there a "better" more precise word? "Competitive Video Game Leagues" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Maybe I’m micro old too, but people actually enjoy watching other folks playing video games? Back in my day that was hella boring watching your friends play while you waited your turn, even if they were really good.

Well twitch has like 15 million unique daily viewers, so yeah people like it.

But is there a "better" more precise word? "Competitive Video Game Leagues" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

video games for the activity, or just gaming

a lot of leagues have long names -- National Collegiate Athletic Association, National Basketball Association, etc. -- and they get acronymed

i'd love to hear the substantive differences between watching a real-life soccer match and watching the stream of two people playing FIFA

Fucking garbage truck killed my old, old dog this morning. And because life is a surreal nightmare, I had to read the Of Mice and Men chapter where they shoot Candy's dog in first period. And now, while I am on hold to yell at the garbage company, their hold music Celebrate Good Times blared at full volume.

Dude. I am so sorry about your dog.

i'd love to hear the substantive differences between watching a real-life soccer match and watching the stream of two people playing FIFA

to me, there is a key difference between the set of abilities that a game creator bestows upon the video game players -- which is, in theory, limitless -- and the actual human effort, practice, and skill that I can identify with -- or more precisely, could never fathom being able to achieve -- as someone who has also played the game

Substantive in what way?

Personally, I'm much more entertained when I see a human being pull of some impressive physical feat, rather than a simulation of that feat that is accomplished by hitting a series of buttons in a specific order.

To answer the burning question of the CT, actually decided on the On Clouds after seeing them mentioned after my initial question. Like the look better.

to me, there is a key difference between the set of abilities that a game creator bestows upon the video game players -- which is, in theory, limitless -- and the actual human effort, practice, and skill that I can identify with -- or more precisely, could never fathom being able to achieve -- as someone who has also played the game

sort of like gold is worth more than a dollar because it's real

I think there is also my suspicion -- haven't done the research -- that video games are replacing other activities that feel more beneficial for a healthy society -- youth sports, arts, dance, reading, outdoors time, etc.

I do not dismiss the creativity and social benefits of video games, but the trends feel like they're replacing things instead of supplementing them

I also know a lot of people strike a healthy balance, but this is a macro thing -- and it's not just video games, it's social media and netflix and all that

made a low country boil last night mmmmmmmmmmmmm

leftover shrimp today are excellent as a seafood salad

also brasky we're going to nags head in may if u r tryna party

stopped at a "Bar-B-Q" spot in upstate NY and they asked if I wanted their single sauce with the plate

Was there in September 2019. Tremont tavern has a good burger, Kenny’s was good for brunch, Community Pie for pizza. Handful of breweries but Hutton & Smith was the stand out. Velo had very good coffee.

Last edited:
Although I'd rather watch e-sports than girls/women's basketball. Like I know that it is a sexist belief, but amateur woman's basketball is just ascetically awful.
Lolol, so what you're meaning to say is watching women's basketball would be part of an ascetic lifestyle

nb: not grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back