• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far is too far from CLT?

I camped and hiked at Cades Cove near gatlinburg a few years back and there’s an AT stretch in there on the NC/TN border that, with other trails in the park, can loop back to where you started. Which could avoid car logistics too.

5e711104235c18144338c678

i'm in charge of planning our scout campout for next April and thinking about a 2 day AT trip. We'll have about 25-30 people total and we need to be able to shuttle some cars between beginning and end....prob 15 miles max since some of the boys are small. Proximity to Charlotte is relevant, so I think we have a short stretch that's realistically possible. Any suggestions for that?

Carowinds.

Another +1 for grayson highlands. Confession: I’ve got a decent fear of horses but those ponies are cute

pro tip: don't leave a big bag of apples in your tent when camping in grayson highlands (or anywhere really)

There's a shelter about 5 miles in if I remember correctly. Lot's of space to camp around there.

i may take a couple of my offspring up there this fall and try it out. good idea.

pro tip: don't leave a big bag of apples in your tent when camping in grayson highlands (or anywhere really)

Don't trust boyscout built bear poles around Watauga Lake AT shelters either. They are neither high enough of the ground nor far enough from the shelter in my experience.

Don't trust boyscout built bear poles around Watauga Lake AT shelters either. They are neither high enough of the ground nor far enough from the shelter in my experience.

Not everyone can hide a bag of apples in their ass, Mako. Jeez.

Dell Curry and Sonya Curry are getting divorced. Some dude out there is going to get to marry a smoking hot woman and be stepdad to two NBA players.

News of the divorce led to this hilarious thread warning about the current dating scene.

Man I just spent way too much time reading the LSU board thread on their newly announced vaccination requirement for games. Amazing and terrifying stuff. We are truly fucked.

Man I just spent way too much time reading the LSU board thread on their newly announced vaccination requirement for games. Amazing and terrifying stuff. We are truly fucked.

My favorite was the guy who is pretty sure that they vaccine is going to have horrific longterm effects on his overall health, but went ahead and got it over the summer because he knew that LSU was going to start requiring vaccines to get into games and he didn't want to have to rush and get it before football season.

Nobody ever uses the golf thread anymore so here you go, CT: Walked 9 early this morning. Pretty boring but decent start - 1 over through 7 holes. On 8 (505 yards) I hit Driver - 6 iron, and 2 putted for birdie. Driver- gap wedge to a foot on 9 for birdie - 420 yards. Feeling pretty good and not too hot yet, so my buddy and I decided to play 4 more back to the clubhouse - cool loop of 3 par 5s and the signature par 3.

On 10 (522 yards), hit driver - 7 iron to less than 2 feet (lipped out) for a tap in eagle. Two putt par on par 3 11th. Hit a tough 40 yard pitch shot on 12 (another par 5) to a foot for a tap in birdie. And then Driver - 4 iron on 566 yard last hole to 10 feet and missed the eagle. Don't think I've ever played 6 holes 6 under par before, and probably never will again - pretty rare to play 4 out of 6 holes as par 5s. Was really tempted to keep going, but had a couple work meetings and now don't have to worry about tanking my handicap. Pretty exciting hour stretch on a Tuesday morning.

Nobody ever uses the golf thread anymore so here you go, CT: Walked 9 early this morning. Pretty boring but decent start - 1 over through 7 holes. On 8 (505 yards) I hit Driver - 6 iron, and 2 putted for birdie. Driver- gap wedge to a foot on 9 for birdie - 420 yards. Feeling pretty good and not too hot yet, so my buddy and I decided to play 4 more back to the clubhouse - cool loop of 3 par 5s and the signature par 3.

On 10 (522 yards), hit driver - 7 iron to less than 2 feet (lipped out) for a tap in eagle. Two putt par on par 3 11th. Hit a tough 40 yard pitch shot on 12 (another par 5) to a foot for a tap in birdie. And then Driver - 4 iron on 566 yard last hole to 10 feet and missed the eagle. Don't think I've ever played 6 holes 6 under par before, and probably never will again - pretty rare to play 4 out of 6 holes as par 5s. Was really tempted to keep going, but had a couple work meetings and now don't have to worry about tanking my handicap. Pretty exciting hour stretch on a Tuesday morning.

Nice...sounds like you're getting 300+ out of your driver which is really impressive

On Saturday my wife is taking the kids to hang out with one of her besties for the day, so I have the entire day to myself and I think I'm gonna spend it hiking. I'm good to drive anywhere within a 3 hour radius of Wilkes and hike up to 25 miles. Where should I go, Pit buddies?

ETA I'd really like for this to bust my ass physically and push my endurance limits.

coming right up on your 3-hour radius, but I did a post-graduation backpacking trip in the Caesar's Head State Park area outside of Greenville, SC that had some really good, tough hikes

https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/south-carolina/caesars-head-state-park?ref=result-card

My favorite was the guy who is pretty sure that they vaccine is going to have horrific longterm effects on his overall health, but went ahead and got it over the summer because he knew that LSU was going to start requiring vaccines to get into games and he didn't want to have to rush and get it before football season.

bbce8e0d7a6690d3bb484cc095d0ce59031f890c.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back