• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The largest arcade game collection ever assembled is in auction right now, and there was so much press (I've had multiple regular people send me info about this auction) that a bunch of people that have no idea what things cost are now bidding on them, so they're going for like 3x the prices they normally go for (games with lots of recent sales at $6k are going for $15k which works out to $19k after taxes and auction fees) and the arcade game world is going nuts.

Really shows the power of marketing

i just realized that i missed this board's 10th birthday. way to go rj

Just went to watch “The Lost Leonardo” about the Salvator Mundi. Such a compelling story and a really well done documentary.

My mom and stepdad visited this weekend, had a fun time

Friday I smoked a bunch of meats
Saturday we went apple picking and got a bunch of farmstand tomatoes and went to a farm brewery and then a nice Italian restaurant back in DC
This morning my wife and I ran Cherry Blossom while my mom watched our son, then we went to a dog adoption event with my sister in Alexandria, and then we went to 3 Star, and then got some silly good pizza

I’m v tired but it was a fun fun weekend

I’ve gone down a rabbit hole of some guy boating around the European canal videos on YouTube. I’m not sure why but it’s kind of fascinating.

I'm now addicted to the r/HermanCainAward on the Reddit

Came home from a terrible football game Friday night at around 1 a.m. to a panicked wife and a 6 yo with lice. Doubt this weekend makes the top 10 most fun weekends of my life list.

Came home from a terrible football game Friday night at around 1 a.m. to a panicked wife and a 6 yo with lice. Doubt this weekend makes the top 10 most fun weekends of my life list.

Bruh, I haven't had to do the lice thing yet. I imagine is sucks soooo bad.

Lifehack: got a new card and forgot to update it for The Athletic, and I kept getting a couple of emails about it so they can process my payment. Finally got an email that they had to cancel my account. Go on Facebook and see an ad for 1 year for 9.99. Re-subscribed for way less than the renewal price (71.99).

Neighborhood block party is basically peak mid 30s dad life for me. Tons of stuff for the kids. Multiple bounce houses/slides, face painting, bubble station, tons of lawn games. (We make the rookie move of having a huge water balloon fight in front of our house, so then we had 500 exploded water balloons to clean up the next day, but whatever). Kids decorated their bikes and did a parade. Fire truck came by. Wood fire pizza truck for food. Ice cream truck. Then screening of Luca on a huge outdoor screen at sundown. Meanwhile we had a couple of kegs and a handle of stoli doli, with a couple outside TVs set up for football, and some fun times late night finishing the keg.

Had an absolute blast and when my 4 year old woke up the next morning she told me "Daddy, yesterday was the best day of my life."

Lifehack: got a new card and forgot to update it for The Athletic, and I kept getting a couple of emails about it so they can process my payment. Finally got an email that they had to cancel my account. Go on Facebook and see an ad for 1 year for 9.99. Re-subscribed for way less than the renewal price (71.99).

Did this too. I got six months for $1/month. Cancelled after those 6 months then got an ad on Saturday for $9.99/year and resubscribed.

Neighborhood block party is basically peak mid 30s dad life for me. Tons of stuff for the kids. Multiple bounce houses/slides, face painting, bubble station, tons of lawn games. (We make the rookie move of having a huge water balloon fight in front of our house, so then we had 500 exploded water balloons to clean up the next day, but whatever). Kids decorated their bikes and did a parade. Fire truck came by. Wood fire pizza truck for food. Ice cream truck. Then screening of Luca on a huge outdoor screen at sundown. Meanwhile we had a couple of kegs and a handle of stoli doli, with a couple outside TVs set up for football, and some fun times late night finishing the keg.

Had an absolute blast and when my 4 year old woke up the next morning she told me "Daddy, yesterday was the best day of my life."

This almost makes me want to have neighbors. Sounds like an amazing time.

Did this too. I got six months for $1/month. Cancelled after those 6 months then got an ad on Saturday for $9.99/year and resubscribed.

I happily renewed my Defector sub for the normal price since it's just those guys going at it on their own and that's most of their revenue. The Athletic has very deep pockets thanks to VC funding, so I didn't feel bad about it.

My mom and stepdad visited this weekend, had a fun time

Friday I smoked a bunch of meats
Saturday we went apple picking and got a bunch of farmstand tomatoes and went to a farm brewery and then a nice Italian restaurant back in DC
This morning my wife and I ran Cherry Blossom while my mom watched our son, then we went to a dog adoption event with my sister in Alexandria, and then we went to 3 Star, and then got some silly good pizza

I’m v tired but it was a fun fun weekend

What's your go to pizza spot these days?

Sonny's for a messy thick delight, about a ten min walk from me

Timber always a standby, also about a ten min walk

If money were no issue, I'd eat Pete's New Haven Style Apizza every week. Sucks that it's like $50 to get a large pizza delivered from there though.

I happily renewed my Defector sub for the normal price since it's just those guys going at it on their own and that's most of their revenue. The Athletic has very deep pockets thanks to VC funding, so I didn't feel bad about it.

same here

We hosted a baby shower for my brother and his wife at my parents’ house on Saturday and a birthday party for our son on Sunday.

Played 9 holes on Friday and Saturday, but other than that pretty busy weekend. I’m exhausted.

Missed out on cocktail boat rides because of the baby’s schedule. I now need a weekend from my weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back