• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC metro was great, used it all the time and didn't feel generally unsafe like you do in LA.

It’s great for tourists who are going to the Smithsonian during the day but it gets decidedly less convenient as you get away from those areas.

It’s great for tourists who are going to the Smithsonian during the day but it gets decidedly less convenient as you get away from those areas.

I use it often to go to the ballpark, concerts at the Wharf, to Chinatown for movies or basketball, etc

Helps to be a 5 min walk to Green/Yellow

But service has been in a death spiral since people stopped riding during Covid

I use it often to go to the ballpark, concerts at the Wharf, to Chinatown for movies or basketball, etc

Helps to be a 5 min walk to Green/Yellow

Yeah. The last time I was seriously using the Metro the ballpark hadn’t been built.

It’s great if you live close to one, and the advent of bike shares makes it a lot easier.

yeah, it's the chicken-egg of public transit

you need usage to justify service but you need service to justify relying on transit

see: biff's experience

it's mostly a density problem in most American cities, but I would guess DC is not in that class

I barely use CTA now that I work from home

There is also a $42 pass offered to SLC residents called the Hive Pass. I still have no clue why I get $280 a month for it.

Is it a full on transit subsidy that covers parking for drivers? Could see that going for $280 a month.

DC appears to still have an ungodly amount of electric scooters. Why did everywhere else the scooter wars ended with one maybe two companies as king yet in DC there’s still like 6.

The Metro was mostly fine when I lived on Capitol Hill and commuter to Penn Quarter, later Dupont. Although starting right after I got engaged I started walking home from the office to Hill (and eating way better) to lose weight for the wedding and I dropped a ton of pounds without ever going to the gym.

But when I moved to Adams Morgan and still worked in Dupont I usually just walked to work. We pretty much stopped using it on weekends if having to transfer lines since the wait times were terrible and sounds like it got way worse.

One thing I do miss about DC is how much more walking I did.

The assistant coach for my kid’s coach pitch team is just ripping a cig while he’s coaching first base right now and the rest of you are talking about the efficacy of mass public transit.

A buddy and I took a city bus from the southwest part of Culver City to Dodger Stadium back in the summer of '88 for a Reds/Dodgers game. Talk about a cultural experience. It was interesting to see the bus demographics change as we made our way through the different neighborhoods. At one point we were the only non African Americans on the bus, and then at another point we were the only non-Spanish speakers. Then somewhere in the downtown area an obviously mentally disturbed and/or intoxicated person tried to rush onto the bus, and the bus driver had to literally kick him off and shut the door.

DC appears to still have an ungodly amount of electric scooters. Why did everywhere else the scooter wars ended with one maybe two companies as king yet in DC there’s still like 6.

Salt lake has 4 I can think of off the top of my head

And they’re all parked in the curb cuts screwing over the handicapped

A buddy and I took a city bus from the southwest part of Culver City to Dodger Stadium back in the summer of '88 for a Reds/Dodgers game. Talk about a cultural experience. It was interesting to see the bus demographics change as we made our way through the different neighborhoods. At one point we were the only non African Americans on the bus, and then at another point we were the only non-Spanish speakers. Then somewhere in the downtown area an obviously mentally disturbed and/or intoxicated person tried to rush onto the bus, and the bus driver had to literally kick him off and shut the door.

hmmmm......

Last I was meeting a couple of friends in downtown Huntington Beach to watch the game and have some drinks. Realizing that I would likely leave my car downtown and take a cab home, I became proactive and took the bus.

Then a curious "only in California" thing started happening. Each time someone got of the bus, they paused and chimed,"thank you" to the bus driver. Who replied, "thanks for riding have a good night."

That was a nice puzzle.

I wasn't thinking as the three of us enveloped the couple next to us during the game. With a minor amount of bar food (and certainly no bottle service at this place) we had a bill of around $500 before the tip.

I "walked" down to the beach and got a bus. To my surprise the same thing happened on the way home that went on during the other ride. Everyone thanked the driver and she wished everyone a good night.

I've ridden public transportation all over the world. This is the first time I saw anything like this.

Lol, more people attended the inaugural Charlotte FC at Bank of America Stadium than votes in yesterday’s election. BiffTannen is civic minded and did both.

Lol, more people attended the inaugural Charlotte FC at Bank of America Stadium than votes in yesterday’s election. BiffTannen is civic minded and did both.

Why wasn’t it part of the state primary earlier, or was it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back