• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT part Deux: Where imaginary best friends are made

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you hire a photographer and they try to blend in/be secretive but know who the "targets" are an don't do anything until the moment has arrived. They can shoot from a distance and stay sneaky.
Fun story: I proposed to my wife in front of the U.S. Capitol.

I wanted to make sure the moment was captured, so I had a friend who worked in D.C. (and, whom my wife had never met..) standing by my spot.

Without making introductions, and pretending to be strangers... I handed him my DSLR and just asked him to take 'a' picture for us.

He did excellent work capturing everything.

But, halfway through the proposal... my wife panics and blurts out "how do you know that guy won't steal your camera?!" :ROFLMAO:

I was gonna propose to my wife on a hike we liked w/ a great view of a waterfall, and did it in TN so we'd be w/ her family when it happened and could celebrate w/ them later.

OFC we got to the spot I wanted to do it at and there's a sketchy homeless hippy girl at the spot just camped out and whittling on sticks, waited like 10 minutes for her to leave and then just audibled and moved on, would have been weird trying to propose in front of that person. So then just ended up proposing back at the end of the hike at a cool overlook there BUT halfway through my proposal like 10 kids aged 5-10 rolled up and were running all around us completely oblivious.

Anyway, my point is that it doesn't have to be PERFECT, it's the thought and action and question itself that counts, and we still laugh about how awry my plans went to this day.

Getting engaged that young seems wild to me.. I'd really wanna live with someone for a year or two outside of the college bubble before making that kind of commitment 😅.
I told both my kids that I wouldn’t pay for a wedding unless they were at least 30 and had lived with their betrothed for at least a year.

Yeah maybe put this on the other thread but having a house with some nice looking (but apparently not quite on trend) brick and slapping some irreversible white paint on it to chase a likely fleeting trend seems shortsighted and dumb, but maybe it’s just a peeve of mine.

MaGnOLiA!11!!

but i honestly think that 1984 mcdonald's brick pattern is pretty awful. im not sure the white/black is working here in a mature neighborhood but both are not super attractive.

I told both my kids that I wouldn’t pay for a wedding unless they were at least 30 and had lived with their betrothed for at least a year.
GF's parents have religious objections to the living together part. My husband and I think it's ridiculous and shortsighted (and we are good enough friends that they know what we think). But those are their beliefs and their daughter and my son respect that. And yes, I feel sure that's playing in to the timing of all this.

GF's parents have religious objections to the living together part. My husband and I think it's ridiculous and shortsighted (and we are good enough friends that they know what we think). But those are their beliefs and their daughter and my son respect that. And yes, I feel sure that's playing in to the timing of all this.
Ha, I wondered if that was it, since it seemed like you were pretty chill as a parent about that kind of thing based on your posts.

Ha, I wondered if that was it, since it seemed like you were pretty chill as a parent about that kind of thing based on your posts.
Yeah, it's an interesting dynamic on occasion. I will admit I do not get the purity pledge bit (to be clear, GF has left that far behind and her parents are aware and appear to be okay with it). But I guess getting it on the side is different/better/more acceptable/less public than living together? :rolleyes:

MaGnOLiA!11!!

but i honestly think that 1984 mcdonald's brick pattern is pretty awful. im not sure the white/black is working here in a mature neighborhood but both are not super attractive.
McDonald’s brick pattern is a thing? I like the brick on the house & the green trim

Ugh. That’s kinda a bummer. I am certain that the first time I got married we were too young in part because of religious pressure from parents. I sincerely hope it works out for your kid.

Yeah, it's an interesting dynamic on occasion. I will admit I do not get the purity pledge bit (to be clear, GF has left that far behind and her parents are aware and appear to be okay with it). But I guess getting it on the side is different/better/more acceptable/less public than living together? :rolleyes:
Man your son really tells you everything huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back