• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT part Deux: Where imaginary best friends are made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe put this on the other thread but having a house with some nice looking (but apparently not quite on trend) brick and slapping some irreversible white paint on it to chase a likely fleeting trend seems shortsighted and dumb, but maybe it’s just a peeve of mine.
I know it's especially trendy rn, but I do think whitewashed brick has been a thing for a lot longer than you're giving it credit for and in some cases is probably more timeless than the brick pattern shown above. See: french country.

it does look like they took it a little too far in that case and need to do something to soften the house up imo

I know it's especially trendy rn, but I do think whitewashed brick has been a thing for a lot longer than you're giving it credit for and in some cases is probably more timeless than the brick pattern shown above. See: french country.

yeah we have original whitewashed brick portions of our home built in 1960

which is not the same as paint, but yeah

man, i just don't see it at all -- different perspectives, I guess

I'm not a big brick fanboy or anything like several folks I know, but I dig the pre-painted brick in that tweet

takes all types, i guess

yeah i like brick but not that brown/orange mix style; but hat's what i mean by neighborhood; it's hard to confirm based on one picture but i think turning it into a magnolia flip house makes it look incongruient with both the architecture and the surroundings

hard to be more timeless than the color of dirt and rocks imo.

A 3 bed, 2 bath goes for 1.3 million now. Guess my starter home shall remain my forever home.

I’ve definitely never had a convo with either of my parents about whether or not I was having sex. They definitely did not care at all beyond “be safe” but that’s a no for me dawg.

My wife and I dated for 9 years before we got married. We lived together for 3 years before we got engaged. I couldn’t fathom getting married to someone without living with them first. Like what if they’re a psychopath ??

I’ve definitely never had a convo with either of my parents about whether or not I was having sex. They definitely did not care at all beyond “be safe” but that’s a no for me dawg.

My wife and I dated for 9 years before we got married. We lived together for 3 years before we got engaged. I couldn’t fathom getting married to someone without living with them first. Like what if they’re a psychopath ??
Yeah, there are a ton of things you learn about someone (and yourself) once you live w/ them for awhile.

Yeah I don’t really care a ton about brick vs. white, that was just me being a smartass.

That said, there are some renovations of 70s-80s era houses in my neighborhood that look like terrible shortsighted ideas, white paint on a nice looking house being one of the more frequent I see.

Yeah, there are a ton of things you learn about someone (and yourself) once you live w/ them for awhile.
For sure. Especially true for putting yourself in a spot where you have to figure out how you're going to handle finances.

My wife pretty much moved in about 4 days after we started dating and then just never left, so looking back on it all I'm not even sure I had an option.

We have a friend that dated her now fiancée for 8 months, got engaged a month after us and is getting married 6 months before us. A whopping 14 months of being together, not living together, before getting married. Couldn’t be me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back