• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT, pickles and political therapy, perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wife definitely does way more of the emotional lift and takes the lead on family organization/planning

i do most of the rote/mechanical stuff: cooking, financial tracking, home/auto maintenance, bath times, AM routine for both girls, all the HR paperwork for school/doctors/extra curriculars and i do 100% of the boards posting

How do those of you with a spouse who works full-time and kids split up household/family duties?
3 kids 6 and under. My wife cooks, unloads the dishwasher, does all the laundy except for mine and buys stuff on amazon. We split bedtime routines down the middle. She also picks up dinner on Fridays and does art projects and watches tv with the kids while I do everything else.

My wife makes a lot more money than me.

I break down the amazon boxes

My wife and kids load the dishwasher and then I go in afterward to rearrange everything.
My daughter is being a real pain in the tits right now, so I get to handle finding my mother-in-law someone to be her at-home caregiver and figuring out how it gets paid for.

A real give-and-take depending on the day. I AM glad that the driving my kid around everywhere days are behind us (furiously knocks on wood).

ahhhhh think we might finally have a babysitter lead for boy

very excited for more date nights
you should try to line up at least 2 you like tbh, a good babysitter is not gonna be as available as you want em to be

you should try to line up at least 2 you like tbh, a good babysitter is not gonna be as available as you want em to be
yeah

my wife was freaking out a little about it and finally put a message in a local FB group, then got overwhelmed with the number of responses. she asked her discord moms group for advice and they were just like "oh we all just use old daycare teachers"

she was like "that seems awkward and weird, I don't wanna ask them" and then our favorite former teacher of his (kid just left infants 1 for infants 2 :( he's basically an adult now and it sucks) happened to respond to my wife's FB post directly to offer

seems like the best possible scenario tbh

My daughter kills it babysitting. She was always resistant to doing it but she eventually succumbed to the profit side. Makes more doing that for one family a couple of days a week than she did at a women's boutique. Tax free too.

CMS teachers need cash during the summer so they can travel with the mako family. Definitely look into them as well.

I feel like when I was a kid, it was just HS girls doing babysitting like biff says

now it seems like there's a lot more rigor applied. like my wife's biggest requirement is infant CPR, which I can't imagine most 16 y/os getting certified in

though maybe it's different looking for an infant babysitter than, like, a 5 yo

finding a babysitter you trust with 1 is also infinitely easier than 2 😂

i'm hoping we feel comfortable by summer time w/ someone who will be able to handle both/both being developmentally ready for it (mainly second kid needing to hit some milestones)

I feel like when I was a kid, it was just HS girls doing babysitting like biff says

now it seems like there's a lot more rigor applied. like my wife's biggest requirement is infant CPR, which I can't imagine most 16 y/os getting certified in

yeah we use kids like that for daytime hangs w/ the toddler right now

my boss's kid is a few months older than mine and when I mentioned this all to him he started asking me for advice lol, they haven't found a babysitter yet and are getting sick of relying on family

he's like "what even is the going rate for babysitters these days" and I said "man I have no idea, I once gave DARE $20 to get out of a conversation, I will give this lady whatever she asks for"

I mean, I got certified in infant and child CPR as part of a babysitter training program back in 1997.

we've held off on the babysitter just because we're nervous if our son does some of his acting out stuff we're trying to work on in therapy and hopefully OT will help with. until then it's just been grandparents.

we're kinda relieved in a sense that he showed some of these behaviors to my in-laws when they watched him while we were in Italy since heretofore he'd been perfect for them and of course that sowed doubts in our mind. but easy to be perfect when you're with them for a weekend and you're the sole focus and get everything you want. over the course of 10 days you have to get into more of a routine and there are other things that need to be done around their house.

We are traveling to Houston and my mom is watching. I very much need my daughter to hide her craziness for 3 nights.

we've held off on the babysitter just because we're nervous if our son does some of his acting out stuff we're trying to work on in therapy and hopefully OT will help with. until then it's just been grandparents.
yeah, to date we've had to plan around grandparents coming around before we do anything, which is a much bigger PITA when they live 12 and 9 hours away from us, respectively

yeah, to date we've had to plan around grandparents coming around before we do anything, which is a much bigger PITA when they live 12 and 9 hours away from us, respectively
it's nice in the sense that my in-laws like taking him for a weekend and we can have that time to sleep in, have date nights, and run errands/do projects around the house that would be difficult with him around. but not something we can rely on regularly.

my wife's old coworker does babysitting and she's mentioned using her sometime so we'll give it a whirl I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back